FORUMS

Sunday Debate: How Can We Get a No-Compromise Phone?

Join us in a fun Sunday Debate on Compromises. Come with your opinions and … more

PSA: You Can Optimize Your Note 4’s Recents Menu & RAM

The Note 4 never had the fastest Recents Menu, and despite its 3GB of RAM, … more

XDA Picks: Best Apps of the Week (July 25 – Aug 1)

Apps are at the front and center of any smartphone experience, and with over a … more

Voices Of XDA: Orbiting The Earth With Android

Editor’s note: This week’s feature has been written by forum … more

[Q] Google Wallet with NFC support for Samsung Galaxy Note 3 (ATT)

5 posts
Thanks Meter: 0
 
By SpLit2ndRaCeR, Junior Member on 6th January 2014, 05:38 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
I was just wondering if anyone was able to put a modded version of Google Wallet with NFC on their Note 3? Please add the link or tutorial...THANKS!
 
 
10th January 2014, 10:29 PM |#2  
dakleenupman's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Chicago
Thanks Meter: 151
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpLit2ndRaCeR

I was just wondering if anyone was able to put a modded version of Google Wallet with NFC on their Note 3? Please add the link or tutorial...THANKS!


Did you try Google Play Store? I got the Wallet app from there. But, I think you need a special NFC secure element (special SIM card) from AT&T to allow for usage. I can only get Isis to work via NFC.
12th January 2014, 06:01 PM |#3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Thanks...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
12th January 2014, 11:22 PM |#4  
alexige's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag So Cal
Thanks Meter: 72
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dakleenupman

Did you try Google Play Store? I got the Wallet app from there. But, I think you need a special NFC secure element (special SIM card) from AT&T to allow for usage. I can only get Isis to work via NFC.

Secure element allows ISIS to work AT&T locked out Wallets NFC features for the app they support, that being ISI

Sent from my GT-P7510 using XDA Premium HD app
13th January 2014, 01:50 AM |#5  
dakleenupman's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Chicago
Thanks Meter: 151
 
More
So you're saying that Wallet won't ever work as long as there is an AT&T SIM card in place?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
13th January 2014, 02:45 AM |#6  
Senior Member
Portland
Thanks Meter: 222
 
More
i am able to open the app and see my transactions and everything. haven't used it in person though. but it seems like it works since i can open the app without any errors or anything.
13th January 2014, 02:56 AM |#7  
dakleenupman's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Chicago
Thanks Meter: 151
 
More
Well it works up until the time you need to actually use the Touch to pay portion.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
13th January 2014, 04:18 PM |#8  
Member
Thanks Meter: 15
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dakleenupman

So you're saying that Wallet won't ever work as long as there is an AT&T SIM card in place?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

yeah, whats the story behind that? O>O
Im very tempted to go back to my Note 2 with all these issues lol I was able to use a modded wallet app fine with ATT on it.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes