Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,812,758 Members 46,378 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Keyboard doesn't save my 'own' words! Bug?

Tip us?
 
easygoingx
Old
#1  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 45
Join Date: Sep 2012
Default [Q] Keyboard doesn't save my 'own' words! Bug?

Hey everyone,

I recently noticed weird things happening with my phone. The most annoying thing is that my Samsung keyboard doesn't save my words to the dictionary. It's saved for the moment when I have the keyboard in use. Once I close the chat and the keyboard is gone, the next time, the words I just 'saved' are gone. Also all my previous words I saved before were deleted?

Can anybody help? This is so annoying!

Thanks in advance.
 
easygoingx
Old
#2  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 45
Join Date: Sep 2012
Do you think a factory reset will help? What data will be deleted then when I factory reset?
 
Dahdoul
Old
#3  
Dahdoul's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 37
Posts: 191
Join Date: Sep 2013
You might go to settings then language & input then Samsung keyboard scroll down then rest settings

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
NOTE 3 SM-N9005

Hit THANKS if I helped.
 
easygoingx
Old
#4  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 45
Join Date: Sep 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahdoul View Post
You might go to settings then language & input then Samsung keyboard scroll down then rest settings

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
Didn't help I wonder what happened. I also cannot find my 'clipboard'? Where all my copied texts and images are saved when the keyboard is opened? Can you help please?
 
Dahdoul
Old
#5  
Dahdoul's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 37
Posts: 191
Join Date: Sep 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by easygoingx View Post
Didn't help I wonder what happened. I also cannot find my 'clipboard'? Where all my copied texts and images are saved when the keyboard is opened? Can you help please?
Try this it should work go to settings then applications manager then all then scroll down alphabetically and look for samsung keyboard and clear data.

If didn't work i think you need to factory rest yor device but backup all your data first.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
NOTE 3 SM-N9005

Hit THANKS if I helped.
 
easygoingx
Old
(Last edited by easygoingx; 13th January 2014 at 08:50 AM.)
#6  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 45
Join Date: Sep 2012
Didn't work. I was so sure that your post would help.

What exactly is going to be deleted when I factory reset? How can I backup data from my apps? I'm not rooted... Thanks in advance.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using xda app-developers app
 
easygoingx
Old
#7  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 45
Join Date: Sep 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahdoul View Post
Try this it should work go to settings then applications manager then all then scroll down alphabetically and look for samsung keyboard and clear data.

If didn't work i think you need to factory rest yor device but backup all your data first.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
Forgot to quote... see my post above.



Sent from my SM-N9005 using xda app-developers app
 
Dahdoul
Old
#8  
Dahdoul's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 37
Posts: 191
Join Date: Sep 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by easygoingx View Post
Didn't work. I was so sure that your post would help.

What exactly is going to be deleted when I factory reset? How can I backup data from my apps? I'm not rooted... Thanks in advance.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using xda app-developers app
Factory reset is going to erase all your data including pic, music, apps and... ETC if they stored in your internal Sd card

You are not rooted so the best way to backup your data and apps including the pic and music is by downloading Kies 3 from here
http://www.samsung.com/us/kies/


Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
NOTE 3 SM-N9005

Hit THANKS if I helped.

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Sony PS4 Remote Play Ported to All Android Devices

Im pretty sure that every informed gamer out there perked their ears up when Sony came out … more

Change Your Samsung Galaxy S2’s Dialer Background in Real Time

As with anything, if youve looked at something long enough, things can … more

Increase Your Multitasking Workflow with C-Floating Windows

Technology has put life on the fast track. Lazy, relaxed days have turned into … more

Compile Your Own Kernel From Source with Comprehensive Tutorial

One glance at any developer section of any device forum on XDA and youll find … more