App Review: Calculating Your Android Calculator Options

Sure, everyone has a default Calculator and its something that you dont think about … more

MultiROM Once Again Available for the Galaxy S4

Multiboot, or the ability to select betweenmultiple operating systems on a single device at … more

Build an Impractical But Awesome Lego Mindstorm Dock

The vast majority of what we cover here on the XDA-Developers News Portal relates to … more

MultiROM Makes its Way Over to the HTC One (M8)

While browsing our forum, you will undoubtedly find more than a few enticing ROMs available … more

[Q] sim lock after J-TAG

12th January 2014, 09:51 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
my phone fixed via JTAG but now my phone asks me for SIM IMSI UNLOCK PIN so I enter any random digits, receive msg "phone unlocked" but the phone restarts and asking again for code... I bought my phone without any sim lock.
can you help me?
12th January 2014, 11:15 PM   |  #2  
Flag Montreal
Thanks Meter: 1,119

2,896 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohsenbarca

my phone fixed via JTAG but now my phone asks me for SIM IMSI UNLOCK PIN so I enter any random digits, receive msg "phone unlocked" but the phone restarts and asking again for code... I bought my phone without any sim lock.
can you help me?

in some case you can contact your carrier and give them your imei # and the will give you the sim unlovk code. You can also buy an unlock code from ebay or other internet sites. Did you asked the persons who Jtag repaired your device if they can provide you this code?
13th January 2014, 06:38 AM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 2

100 posts
Quote:

can you help me?

SIM UNLOCK PIN seems to be a security code from the sim card, try with another SIM Card from same carrier. Apparently it has nothing to do with unlock code.

---------- Post added at 03:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:35 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by philohtc

SIM UNLOCK PIN seems to be a security code from the sim card, try with another SIM Card from same carrier. Apparently it has nothing to do with unlock code.

Maybe I'm mistaking, apparently someone had your same problem http://forum.legija.net/showthread.p...MSI-PIN-locked!!
13th January 2014, 12:33 PM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
NO!!!
NO .
another sim our sim unlock code dont solve my problem.
13th January 2014, 05:31 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 418

1,732 posts
Why not get it fixed from the people who did JTAG?
13th January 2014, 05:41 PM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 12

98 posts
More
Quote:

can you help me?

So I had SIM unlocked at&t htc one (I obtained unlock code from carrier). Once I unlocked it, i was using european simcard and then revone s-off came out. so I s-offed it successfully and after reboot i got exactly same problem - enter sim imsi unlock code or something like that. Any code would result in unlock successful and reboot phone, but it would ask code again. I ended up sending phone to HTC for repairs. I guess they completely reflashed firware or updated something else, since phone that i received back had different IMEI then what i send them (same physical device though - scratches on the side). I had to obtain new unlock code for new IMEI and new code unlocked it for european sim.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread