Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,739,962 Members 39,559 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Did I brick my SGH T889?

Tip us?

mo2002
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 18
Question [Q] Did I brick my SGH T889?

I am flashing this for my cousin. She woke me up out my sleep because she wanted her phone upgraded from 4.1.2 to 4.3 or kitkat. I downloaded a 4.3 ROM and didnt flash it correctly because Wifi nor data was working. It could be because I didnt flash the OTA first and/or didnt install the devil kernel.
Anyways I was walking her through how to restore the backup I made but she went into Download mode and here is when the problems started. i told her to battery pull and to go into recovery. There was already a backup ROM on her SD card, she flashed and it failed. Had her wipe twice and it failed again. Had her wipe again and restore and it failed. After 10 minutes of it failing I had her send me the phone.
I was unable to flash any ROM so i factory reset through recovery and still nothing. I then started flashing through ODIN the latest stock, deoxed stock, the MD4, I even flashed LJ1. Some of the ROMs will fail to flash and if a ROM does flash successfully I get no further than the Galaxy Note 2 screen.

So is this an indication that the phone is bricked or am I missing a step or two to finally get this phone to finally boot all the way up?
TMOUS Note II running XenonHD v10 with HALO
Unlocked SGH-i717
EX-PHONES
HTC HandroidD2
Droid Incredible 2 S-OFF
Samsung Vibrant (SGH-T959)
Google Nexus One

mo2002
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 18
Bump

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
Unlocked SGH-i717
EX-PHONES
HTC HandroidD2
Droid Incredible 2 S-OFF
Google Nexus One

ciphercodes
Old
(Last edited by ciphercodes; 5th January 2014 at 03:31 AM.)
Thanks Meter 231
Most likely the phone is on 4.3 bootloader which is why flashing 4.1.2 ROM via pc odin does not work.

You can either flash 4.1.x stock ROM via mobile odin pro or flash 4.3 stock ROM via pc odin.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using xda app-developers app

mo2002
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by ciphercodes View Post
Most likely the phone is on 4.3 bootloader which is why flashing 4.1.2 ROM via pc odin does not work.

You can either flash 4.1.x stock ROM via mobile odin pro or flash 4.3 stock ROM via pc odin.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using xda app-developers app
Ok thanks didn't even think of that. I'm going to give that a shot

Unlocked SGH-i717
EX-PHONES
HTC HandroidD2
Droid Incredible 2 S-OFF
Google Nexus One

gferreri
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Unable to flash stock ROM via PC odin

Hello

I am in almost the same situation as mo2002. I had original ROM that came with my note2 running android 4.3 then decided to try jedi master x2 also 4.3. After trying it out for a while I noticed poor battery performance and when phone was locked I had to press the menu button several times to see the screen. That was getting on my nerves. Yesterday my phone was booting up by itself. It did a couple times then got stuck with the samsung logo. Reboot again and again and the same stuff happened that's when I decided to flash stock rom from samsung.updates/device site using odin3 v3.09 however, I have not been successful. After it checks the md5 OK, it fails on the NAND write. Is it the case that the NAND memory is not unlocked? I am still able to boot into recovery though.

Thanks

G

mo2002
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by gferreri View Post
Hello

I am in almost the same situation as mo2002. I had original ROM that came with my note2 running android 4.3 then decided to try jedi master x2 also 4.3. After trying it out for a while I noticed poor battery performance and when phone was locked I had to press the menu button several times to see the screen. That was getting on my nerves. Yesterday my phone was booting up by itself. It did a couple times then got stuck with the samsung logo. Reboot again and again and the same stuff happened that's when I decided to flash stock rom from samsung.updates/device site using odin3 v3.09 however, I have not been successful. After it checks the md5 OK, it fails on the NAND write. Is it the case that the NAND memory is not unlocked? I am still able to boot into recovery though.

Thanks

G
Mines corrected itself so I can't give the exact instructions but I just kept flashing stock ROMS via odin but I used 3.07 I believe. Idk if that makes a difference but after X amount of attempts I power cycled (after it being stuck at the same galaxy note 3 screen) it booted successfully

Unlocked SGH-i717
EX-PHONES
HTC HandroidD2
Droid Incredible 2 S-OFF
Google Nexus One