No registration required

Help Restoring to Full MJ5 Stock

OP lehighkid

11th January 2014, 10:23 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

16 posts
More
XDA - Hoping for some help getting my note back to full MJ5 stock...

I was originally able to root with Kingo on MJ5 and had run some scripts and long story short I followed this http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2559715 ...

But now I have MI9 Build and MJ5 Baseband which works okay but I am prompted to update OTA... When I run that, it gets to 38% (ATT logo) and reboots then hangs at the ATT boot logo. If I try to update as specified in the thread using the 2400258.zip package the same thing happens and I have to go back and reflash the MI9 image

Any help, ideas or links? I've scoured through all the pages of most of the threads in this forum and coming up empty

Thanks in advance.
11th January 2014, 11:45 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 285

1,376 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lehighkid

I was originally able to root with Kingo on MJ5 and had run some scripts and long story short I followed this http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2559715 ...

But now I have MI9 Build and MJ5 Baseband which works okay but I am prompted to update OTA... When I run that, it gets to 38% (ATT logo) and reboots then hangs at the ATT boot logo. If I try to update as specified in the thread using the 2400258.zip package the same thing happens and I have to go back and reflash the MI9 image

Any help, ideas or links? I've scoured through all the pages of most of the threads in this forum and coming up empty

Thanks in advance.

Currently it isn't possible, from my understanding the stuff to Odin back to full mj5 hasn't been released so the only option is the hybrid from evilpotatoeman right now 😟

Sent from my rooted Note 3
12th January 2014, 01:11 AM   |  #3  
Quote:
Originally Posted by lehighkid

Thanks in advance.

I have the files that will restore you back to stock rooted mj5...PM me and I'll send you the links and process...you must have safestrap recovery installed

Mega
The Following User Says Thank You to megalomanic14 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
13th January 2014, 06:54 PM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

16 posts
More
Just wanted to update and let everyone know the issue was due to using an unmodified version of the MI9 system.img.ext4 file instead of the MI9_fix.img.ext4 file in the thread.

I am back on rooted fully stock MJ5 thanks to Mega and the thread referenced in the OP!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread