Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,738,692 Members 40,207 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Are We Samsungoholic???

Tip us?

##W4TCH0UT##
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 635
Default Are We Samsungoholic???

Why is it so That there are so many roms based on touchwiz and not any other ui like ios7 or Huawei Or HTC
Why cant we open up And think of other ui's and not Samsung
Because I am feeling bored of using Samsung's ui

Kernels are my speciality....

My Works:
Galaxy Grand Duos:
*DedS 4.4 Kernel
*DedS 4.2.2 Stock Kernel

Micromax Canvas 2:
*DedS 4.2.x Kernel

Galaxy Grand 2:
*DedS 4.3 JB Kernel
*DedS v2 4.4 KK Kernel

Motorola Moto X:
*Drool 4.4 KK Kernel

iceyhotguy
Old
Thanks Meter 710
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ateekujjawal View Post
Why is it so That there are so many roms based on touchwiz and not any other ui like ios7 or Huawei Or HTC
No one likes the Samsung's Touchwiz, but there is no need to make special ROMs for each UI. All you need is a base ROM and customize it the way you like it using Xposed and a custom ported or third-party launchers.
People used to make so many ROMs because they would be themed differently, with different features added here and there but that's pointless now since almost everything can be altered and changed on your own in the stock based ROMs.

All AOSP/CM based ROMs support themes that cover framework, systemUI, player, icons everything into Huawei, HTC and several other custom UIs. Features differ in AOSP ROMs and therefore there are several ones already available and constantly improved.

Asking devs to provide themed ROMs at this point is like saying I'm too lazy to do it on my own so please do it for me, but of course, that's just my personal opinion.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to iceyhotguy For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

black87
Old
Thanks Meter 111
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ateekujjawal View Post
just use aosp rom and you can theme it into anything if you want

Thanks me if my post USEFUL
The Following User Says Thank You to black87 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

skpadhi79
Old
Thanks Meter 94
Quote:
Originally Posted by iceyhotguy View Post
No one likes the Samsung's Touchwiz, but there is no need to make special ROMs for each UI. All you need is a base ROM and customize it the way you like it using Xposed and a custom ported or third-party launchers.
People used to make so many ROMs because they would be themed differently, with different features added here and there but that's pointless now since almost everything can be altered and changed on your own in the stock based ROMs.

All AOSP/CM based ROMs support themes that cover framework, systemUI, player, icons everything into Huawei, HTC and several other custom UIs. Features differ in AOSP ROMs and therefore there are several ones already available and constantly improved.

Asking devs to provide themed ROMs at this point is like saying I'm too lazy to do it on my own so please do it for me, but of course, that's just my personal opinion.
sry cudnot resist myself @iceyhotguy..ur replies have always been very easy to understand.......or what we say COOL....whatever the question may be on any thread............so a big thanks from me for that only..keep supporting bro and keep encouraging guys around you like me....
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to skpadhi79 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]