Update Overload: SuperSU Heavily Updated

There are apps and apps out there. Very few can reach the level of popularity required to stay at … more

Lollipop Leak Available for the Sprint Galaxy S5

Since the Android 5.0Lollipop’s official release not too long ago, we’ve seen … more

CPU Spy Gets an Android Lollipop Makeover

At some point in the distant past, you probably heard of CPU Spy for Android by XDARetired … more

Amazon Fire TV Stick vs Chromecast – XDA TV

There is no doubt that Amazon is a huge player in many markets, and they want to be a huge … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Need help on modem

OP earlyyyyyyyy

13th January 2014, 07:00 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

5 posts
I think I have the wrong modem on because the H+ signal on my phone almost always disappears whenever I lock it or after a very long time of surfing

I tried #1234# on my phone but it doesnt work (it tells me connection problem or invalid MMI code). Is there any other way for me to check my modem?
13th January 2014, 07:09 PM   |  #2  
Recognized Contributor
Your Mom's crib
Thanks Meter: 2,089

1,873 posts
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by earlyyyyyyyy

I think I have the wrong modem on because the H+ signal on my phone almost always disappears whenever I lock it or after a very long time of surfing

I tried #1234# on my phone but it doesnt work (it tells me connection problem or invalid MMI code). Is there any other way for me to check my modem?

Go to phone setting > More > Device info > Baseband version. and tell me what does it say there
13th January 2014, 07:09 PM   |  #3  

37 posts
it's*#1234#
13th January 2014, 07:15 PM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member

5 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chebichev

it's*#1234#

oh damn. missed the * .. i need glasses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Repulsa

Go to phone setting > More > Device info > Baseband version. and tell me what does it say there

AP: API9505XXUEMK8
CP: I9505XXUEMK9

Baseband version is I9505XXUEMK9

Also, iwas gonna make a ninja edit but you guys were too fast to reply. I am subscribed to an LTE data plan however I only get H+. At one point, I compared my phone to my friend and he had 4g while i still had H+ (same phone, same provider(?)) You think this is because of my custom ROM?
13th January 2014, 07:22 PM   |  #5  
Recognized Contributor
Your Mom's crib
Thanks Meter: 2,089

1,873 posts
Donate to Me
Quote:

oh damn. missed the * .. i need glasses

AP: API9505XXUEMK8
CP: I9505XXUEMK9

Baseband version is I9505XXUEMK9

Also, iwas gonna make a ninja edit but you guys were too fast to reply. I am subscribed to an LTE data plan however I only get H+. At one point, I compared my phone to my friend and he had 4g while i still had H+ (same phone, same provider(?)) You think this is because of my custom ROM?

Try to go to phone setting>More network > mobile> access point names and check if your apn/service providers is right and Verify the network mode of your phone. if the problem still persist try to change the modem from here http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2192025 . Have a nice day.
13th January 2014, 07:48 PM   |  #6  
OP Junior Member

5 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Repulsa

Try to go to phone setting>More network > mobile> access point names and check if your apn/service providers is right and Verify the network mode of your phone. if the problem still persist try to change the modem from here http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2192025 . Have a nice day.

Thank you for your reply. Everything is correct in my APN settings but whenever I change the "bearer" option to LTE, I get no signal at all, even H+. However, If I leave the bearer on "unspecified", I get H+ but no 4g.

My friend is on stock rom (i9505 GLB region) and I heard rumors that they change the H+ icon to 4gLTE. Can this be the case?
lastly, what modem do you suggest I flash on my phone? mk8 or mk9?
13th January 2014, 07:58 PM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 571

1,846 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Thank you for your reply. Everything is correct in my APN settings but whenever I change the "bearer" option to LTE, I get no signal at all, even H+. However, If I leave the bearer on "unspecified", I get H+ but no 4g.

My friend is on stock rom (i9505 GLB region) and I heard rumors that they change the H+ icon to 4gLTE. Can this be the case?
lastly, what modem do you suggest I flash on my phone? mk8 or mk9?

What is the region of ur phone? If is GLB (as ur friend) u have a big update: HERE for flash it with ODIN

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread