Tip us?

pci130
Old
(Last edited by pci130; 19th December 2013 at 10:37 AM.) Reason: fix
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Root Question

Hello,

I have read on the forum that the bootloader is unlocked.
And that therefore it is rooted base.

or there is t he a manipulation done to the root.

good day

Dead-neM
Old
Thanks Meter 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by pci130 View Post
Hello,

I have read on the forum that the bootloader is unlocked.
And that therefore it is rooted base.

or there is t he a manipulation done to the root.

good day
Hi dude now i have the device i don't know how to root it due to the incompatibility with the usb plug in the pc

If we can make the mojo visible by the pc i think it will be really easy to root but now it's not possible so

i'm trying to make a signed zip with root enable based on the 110 firmware.zip

scorpio16v
Old
Thanks Meter 43
Yes, Mad Catz provided the actually firmware for the M.O.J.O, and in theory, it should be possible to pre root it and flash this thing.
But atm, the only known way to flash the firmware is the update tool on the device.

You can boot into the recovery, but only to the "lying android with exclamation mark". Haven't found a way to enter the recovery menu.
If your flash goes wrong, the recovery would be the only way to bring the device back in a working condition.

Rebooting to the bootloader didn't seem to work. Since the device has no external buttons to enter the mode. You can't even boot into a custom recovery to flash unsigned code.

I don't belive, that you can one of the external USB ports set from host to slave and that it will survive a reboot to access the device in recovery or bootloader.

They say, that the bootloader is open. But no one has provided any evidence about it.
Maybe you can catch the USB slave signal direct on the mainboard. But that would never be an option most would consider.

The device is advertised as "hacking friendly".
From Mad Catz side, till today there isn't released any documentation or tool to make it real.
Even the sourcecode of the device software isn't official released.

I really hope the things change to better in the next weeks.

Dead-neM
Old
Thanks Meter 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpio16v View Post
Yes, Mad Catz provided the actually firmware for the M.O.J.O, and in theory, it should be possible to pre root it and flash this thing.
But atm, the only known way to flash the firmware is the update tool on the device.

You can boot into the recovery, but only to the "lying android with exclamation mark". Haven't found a way to enter the recovery menu.
If your flash goes wrong, the recovery would be the only way to bring the device back in a working condition.

Rebooting to the bootloader didn't seem to work. Since the device has no external buttons to enter the mode. You can't even boot into a custom recovery to flash unsigned code.

I don't belive, that you can one of the external USB ports set from host to slave and that it will survive a reboot to access the device in recovery or bootloader.

They say, that the bootloader is open. But no one has provided any evidence about it.
Maybe you can catch the USB slave signal direct on the mainboard. But that would never be an option most would consider.

The device is advertised as "hacking friendly".
From Mad Catz side, till today there isn't released any documentation or tool to make it real.
Even the sourcecode of the device software isn't official released.

I really hope the things change to better in the next weeks.
Hum this is what i expected. I tried to plug the controler via usb and it's work so it's a possible way to boot into recovery by holding button of it

It's a shame to said that the mojo is unlocked but impossible to have usb adb !!!! Mad Catz your device have been released the 10 december and the playstore have maybe 1000 app compatible ( yes i know you gonna said this is because the device doesn't have screen but if you faked a hd screen it will simple work and i'm sure if 'im rooted i can do it ) and you doens't provided a keymapper so the one or 2 playable game aren't mapped correctly !!!!

I hope that a little genius can find a solution to root it but mad catz need to work on the firmware !!

scorpio16v
Old
Thanks Meter 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dead-neM View Post
It's a shame to said that the mojo is unlocked but impossible to have usb adb !!!!
ADB access isn't a real problem, because we can connect over network. But bootloader and the fastboot tool needs definitely USB.
No, the worst thing is, that even via ADB, you can't get temorary root access. So, you can't even remount /system partition as writable.
Don't know if anyone with one of the older firmware versions on their M.O.J.O have tried if a remount of /system would work.

-=W4n73d=-
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Not familiar with the root process but can something like was done for OUYA be used here?

scorpio16v
Old
Thanks Meter 43
Unfortunately no.
The M.o.j.o can't even get root and mount the /system partition over ADB. So, no chance.