Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,740,480 Members 44,950 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Custom ROMs and xposed framework

Tip us?

Williamharv
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Default Custom ROMs and xposed framework

Hi all,

Recently I have just found out about xposed framework and want to use it on my GT-I9505 running Cynagenmod 11 (the kitkat version). Furthermore, I would like to then install other things such as wanam xposed. However, from the guide I'm looking at, the person seems to be using a stock ROM. So my question is, would I be able to install this framework on a custom ROM like Cynagenmod or any other custom ROM just as easy? Or is it recommended to go back to a stock based ROM?

Thanks to anyone that can help

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2
Current Devices

Samsung Galaxy S4 GT-I9505 - Running PACman ROM & KT kernel
Samsung Galaxy Note 8 - Running Stock

commandonz
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Read post #2 in the Xposed Framework thread. Short answer - yes, it should work.
The Following User Says Thank You to commandonz For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Funky-kun
Old
Thanks Meter 13
AFAIK Wanam Xposed is designed to work with stock Samsung ROMs. Other Xposed modules, however, should work fine with any ROM.

illikkalshahid
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Williamharv View Post
Hi all,

Recently I have just found out about xposed framework and want to use it on my GT-I9505 running Cynagenmod 11 (the kitkat version). Furthermore, I would like to then install other things such as wanam xposed. However, from the guide I'm looking at, the person seems to be using a stock ROM. So my question is, would I be able to install this framework on a custom ROM like Cynagenmod or any other custom ROM just as easy? Or is it recommended to go back to a stock based ROM?

Thanks to anyone that can help

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2
when you are on kitkat based rom, make sure ART runtime is not activated, xposed won't work on ART, it will revert the runtime into dalvik

Audiotrash
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Gravity Box is a good alternative to Wanam Exposed. You should try it.

nikzDHD
Old
Thanks Meter 1038
Xposed only works on Dalvik runtime. Wanam Xposed is for Samsung TouchWiz roms only. Gravity Box is for AOSP and GE roms, and will offer you many customization options, along with XuiMod. Wanam Kit should also work as this is for AOSP KitKat roms which is similar to Gravity Box.
Phone: Samsung Galaxy S4 I9505
Rom: DjeMBeY XXUFNC9 4.4.2 | Der Kernel: KT Kernel | Theme: Domination V2.0

Tablet: Nexus 7 2013 32GB
Rom: OmniRom 4.4.2 | Der Kernel: Stock Omni

Previous: HTC DesireHD > Samsung Galaxy SII > T-Mobile Rapport > Samsung Galaxy S (Backup) > Samsung Galaxy SIII (Brief ownership) > Samsung Galaxy Note II > HTC One X > Nexus 4