Tip us?

Homero2
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 654

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by twiztednibbz View Post
basically I cannot talk for any other model apart from d802 as this is what I have. but basically all you need to do to get it to show unrooted is to download the lg mobile support tool > open it > plug in usb while holding power and vol up with phone OFF to get into download mode > open the LG mobile support tool > go to options (top right) and press upgrade recovery.... the tool will download the original stock firmware onto the pc then install it on the phone. DO NOT unplug it until 100% on the PC. the phone will reboot about 80% on the pc but phone will have reached 100%. next do 2 factory resets using the power button and vol up method and you will find the unrooted status re-appears if you go back into download mode. Its also worth noting that it works best and flawlessly on com port 4 some ppl have experienced issues on other com ports.

obviously I accept no responsibility for you breaking your phone if you try it but I have done this at least 70 x to get out of bad fashes and it works every single one.

takes you about 30 min for the file to download but without that file downloading its probably about 5 minutes user input the longest/hardest bit being getting into the factory reset screen. lol.
OK, I have personally tried port 5, and 45 port and not have had problems, since this method which I intend to use the official program, with the difference that we say you must firmware flasher.

Thank you for your information, I used the method proposed for some years with my KM900 and my P990, and I have to say that it works perfectly, and not only that, also the firmware that is installed is suitable to the country, model and telephone operator.

The two methods do the same thing, but his left it because I sometimes giving problems, there were times that said that the firmware that had was the more modern and wouldn't update, I am referring to below the D802 models

PD:
Factory Reset does so from 3845#*802#?
The Following User Says Thank You to Homero2 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

twiztednibbz
Old
Thanks Meter 11

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Homero2 View Post
OK, I have personally tried port 5, and 45 port and not have had problems, since this method which I intend to use the official program, with the difference that we say you must firmware flasher.

Thank you for your information, I used the method proposed for some years with my KM900 and my P990, and I have to say that it works perfectly, and not only that, also the firmware that is installed is suitable to the country, model and telephone operator.

The two methods do the same thing, but his left it because I sometimes giving problems, there were times that said that the firmware that had was the more modern and wouldn't update, I am referring to below the D802 models

PD:
Factory Reset does so from 3845#*802#?
yeah I agree I have tried upto 9 different ports now and all seem to work for me but that is not the case for everyone. I know the whole process is supposed to be done on port 4 which is why I suggested it.

you are most welcome if I help but one person with my ramblings then that's a plus...

yes very true that it will put on the correct firmware for country model and telephone operator!

I have also encountered the same problems myself and this method I have never ever ever experienced one.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to twiztednibbz For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]