5,595,760 Members 39,445 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Nexus 7 Kit Kat email replacement

Tip us?
 
Johnston212
Old
#1  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 16
Posts: 501
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Athens
Default Nexus 7 Kit Kat email replacement

Ok, so ever since kit kat update, the stock email app has become completely useless. The drag and drop feature has been removed and now I cannot delete not move my emails.

My question is what alternatives are worth looking into. I'm dabbling with Aquamail, but it is so focused on multiple accounts that it's features are driving me crazy. Is there anything out there that can match the old stock email app or should I give up on managing my email on my tablet?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Premium HD app
 
jhom52
Old
#2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 18
Posts: 94
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Dallas, TX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnston212 View Post
Ok, so ever since kit kat update, the stock email app has become completely useless. The drag and drop feature has been removed and now I cannot delete not move my emails.

My question is what alternatives are worth looking into. I'm dabbling with Aquamail, but it is so focused on multiple accounts that it's features are driving me crazy. Is there anything out there that can match the old stock email app or should I give up on managing my email on my tablet?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Premium HD app
I would highly recommend K-9.
 
swisstourist
Old
#3  
swisstourist's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 36
Posts: 542
Join Date: Aug 2012
Text wrapping not working any more....
foot loose!!!!!!
 
Johnston212
Old
#4  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 16
Posts: 501
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Athens
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhom52 View Post
I would highly recommend K-9.
Thanks. I've used K-9 in the past. I hadn't heard many good comments when I checked last. Have they made some improvements? Can you finally change the messed up notification settings?

Sent from my SGH-I747 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
 
jhom52
Old
#5  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 18
Posts: 94
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Dallas, TX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnston212 View Post
Thanks. I've used K-9 in the past. I hadn't heard many good comments when I checked last. Have they made some improvements? Can you finally change the messed up notification settings?

Sent from my SGH-I747 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
I'm not sure what you mean by messed up notification settings, but k9 provides the standard notification options. I get sound, vibration and led notifications without problems.
 
Johnston212
Old
#6  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 16
Posts: 501
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Athens
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhom52 View Post
I'm not sure what you mean by messed up notification settings, but k9 provides the standard notification options. I get sound, vibration and led notifications without problems.
Woops, I never got notified of this post. My issue with the notification settings was that K9 would never do bulk notifications, only notifications for each and every single email, which drove me nuts.

Gahhhh, if only Google hadn't ruined the email app...

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Premium HD app
 
beartrax
Old
#7  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 3
Join Date: Dec 2008
Anyone know how to import or access gmail.contacts on nexus 7 2013 flo? Even though it is not a phone, I still need contacts and can't access the gmail contacts.

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


XDA PORTAL POSTS

Google Glass XE16 Update Factory Image and Rooted Bootloader Now Available

You may recall that early yesterday, we talked about the XE16 … more

Add Swipe Utilities to Your App with SimpleFingerGestures Library

Gestures have become an increasingly important element in smartphone UI … more

Android App Review: Lock it Down with Lockdown Pro – XDA Developer TV

Our smartphones are our lives. They store our contacts, emails, … more