Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,729,908 Members 53,380 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Touch screen not working propertly after charging

Tip us?

3mL
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 17
Default [Q] Touch screen not working propertly after charging

I put my XZU in the magnetic dock overnight and now the touch screen is acting all weird.
Could it break because of instable current?
Where I'm at the power is not very stable and I'm worried the phone is broken.

Is there anything I can do? Can't go to a repair center juat yet.. Will a factory reset fix it?
iPhone 3gs(~4 months) -> HTC HD2(~5 months) -> HTC Desire HD(~6 months) -> Samsung Galaxy Note(~2 weeks) -> Asus Padfone 3-in-1(~1 year) -> Sony Xperia Z Ultra

blueether
Old
Thanks Meter 918

DONATE TO ME
Give it a really good clean?
Charles
Alcatel One Touch "easy" -> Nokia 1110i -> Alcatel ame-408 -> Motorola Razr v3 -> Huawei u8100 -> Sony Xperia Z-Ultra

ROM:- Carbon
Kernel:- Pimped Kernel

3mL
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueether View Post
Give it a really good clean?
Really?

Imma go ahead and upgrade it to 4.3 with a clean installation, else I have to go get the warranty...

The place where I was charging it had very bad electricity with flicking lights and power breaks all night long, since I had it charging overnight the touch digitizer must've fried or something.
Can't really think of anything else that could've done it.
iPhone 3gs(~4 months) -> HTC HD2(~5 months) -> HTC Desire HD(~6 months) -> Samsung Galaxy Note(~2 weeks) -> Asus Padfone 3-in-1(~1 year) -> Sony Xperia Z Ultra

hamdogg
Old
Thanks Meter 996

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3mL View Post
Really?

Imma go ahead and upgrade it to 4.3 with a clean installation, else I have to go get the warranty...

The place where I was charging it had very bad electricity with flicking lights and power breaks all night long, since I had it charging overnight the touch digitizer must've fried or something.
Can't really think of anything else that could've done it.
No there is a breaker inside the ultra going from USB and Magconnector to your device. This would break first and your device would stop charging. Which is a cheaper fix then your whole main board.
Sounds like you need to clean your screen... or a random issue that just started happening.. it should go away

3mL
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by hamdogg View Post
No there is a breaker inside the ultra going from USB and Magconnector to your device. This would break first and your device would stop charging. Which is a cheaper fix then your whole main board.
Sounds like you need to clean your screen... or a random issue that just started happening.. it should go away
Yet the phone stopped working after being on charge overnight... And really, the screen cannot get more clean than clean.
I was able to factory reset it after a while and I also upgraded it to 4.3 through Sony Companion yet the problem persisted.
I took it back to the shop and they agreed on that something isn't right with the hardware and I'll have it back in a few weeks in working condition.

Something must've gotten broken with the touch digitizer, I hardly believe it's a software issue.

Ah well, now I get to use my old Nokia 3310!