Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,811,145 Members 44,781 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] LG G2 (Sprint) vs Moto X

Tip us?

Dliunatic
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] LG G2 (Sprint) vs Moto X

Hi All,

I've been an AT&T subscriber for years, and am thinking of joining Sprint and it's Framily plan since it sounds like a much better deal for me since I'm just solo. As such, I'm looking at new phones again and am trying to decide whether to go with a LG G2 or a Moto X.

Figured I'd ask you experts first since you've been living and breathing the LG G2 to see your thoughts. I'm particularly curious about those of you on Sprint as I've heard people say that you can't call and use data/web at the same time ... wasn't sure that was legit or not. Also, I keep hearing that the Moto X's battery life is almost comparable to the G2s...

Thanks in advance!

souleman
Old
Thanks Meter 152
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dliunatic View Post
Hi All,

I've been an AT&T subscriber for years, and am thinking of joining Sprint and it's Framily plan since it sounds like a much better deal for me since I'm just solo. As such, I'm looking at new phones again and am trying to decide whether to go with a LG G2 or a Moto X.

Figured I'd ask you experts first since you've been living and breathing the LG G2 to see your thoughts. I'm particularly curious about those of you on Sprint as I've heard people say that you can't call and use data/web at the same time ... wasn't sure that was legit or not. Also, I keep hearing that the Moto X's battery life is almost comparable to the G2s...

Thanks in advance!
Correct. You can not call and use mobile data at the same time. You can use WiFi data. This is true about all Sprint phones except a few. The LTE phones that will not support Spark (like S4, One, and I believe Moto X) can do both at the same time as long as you are connected to LTE. For battery life, the only thing that compares to the G2 is the Note 3.

hockeyfamily737
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2,817

DONATE TO ME
I would get first hand feedback about Sprint from folks in your immediate area and check sensory for real world coverage maps. Unlimited data is only a good deal if you can actually use it. As for the device, G2 is a triband phone and Moto X is not.

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk
•You know you're a nerd when your wife says: "If you don't get off that computer I'm leaving!" & your instinctive response is to chastise her for not following an "if" statement with an "else" clause.

geoff5093
Old
Thanks Meter 213
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yozzo1 View Post
Hi All,

Thanks in advance!
Huh?

Dliunatic
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Thanks for the feedback geoff5093 and hockeyfamily737!

Yozzo1 - ditto to geoff's huh?

laufersteppenwolf
Old
Forum Moderator / Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 5,221

DONATE TO ME
Deciding what phone to buy is your call, and only your call
You need to live with it, and you also need to afford it, as well as it has to fir your needs, not the ones of anyone else.

----> Thread closed
Sony Ericsson Xperia X8: GingerDX v31b ; alfs CM7 v09c
LG Optimus 4x HD: my own version of CM 10.1 , CWM recovery, UNlocked BL

Crying that it's an application bug is like crying over the speed of light: you should deal with reality, not what you wish reality was. - Linus Torvalds
THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe