Rooting 4.3 without downgrading

Search This thread

Hanozy

Oct 15, 2011
Sweden
Can I root my Z1 having the 4.3 version without downgrading? If so please tell me. I downgraded yesterday and ended up not having having any signal and my imei was a bunch of zero's.
If you know a fix for the downgrading problem that is fine too, as long as I can root it preferably tonight.

Thank you in advance

Sent from my C6903 using xda app-developers app

shem2409

Feb 5, 2013
Hull
www.youtube.com
Can I root my Z1 having the 4.3 version without downgrading? If so please tell me. I downgraded yesterday and ended up not having having any signal and my imei was a bunch of zero's.
If you know a fix for the downgrading problem that is fine too, as long as I can root it preferably tonight.

Thank you in advance

Whilst downgrading, you have to downgrade to .257 and then to .534. The problem with disappearing IMEI happens only if you downgrade directly to .534.
If you have an unlockable bootloader you could unlock your bootloader and then flash a custom kernel.

If you are on locked bootloader or would prefer to not unlock the bootloader, the only way is to downgrade all the way to .534, root, install recovery and then prerooted firmware.

Hanozy

Oct 15, 2011
Sweden
Could you walk me through the process of downgrading twice without unlocking the bootloader, thanks.

Hanozy

Oct 15, 2011
Sweden
Could you walk me through the process of downgrading twice without unlocking the bootloader, thanks.

Will try it when I get home, thank you. How do I go about backing up my phone, the apps and stuff.

DylanNeil

Jan 14, 2014
Whilst downgrading, you have to downgrade to .257 and then to .534. The problem with disappearing IMEI happens only if you downgrade directly to .534.
If you have an unlockable bootloader you could unlock your bootloader and then flash a custom kernel.

If you are on locked bootloader or would prefer to not unlock the bootloader, the only way is to downgrade all the way to .534, root, install recovery and then prerooted firmware.

I made the mistake of doing this last night and now my phone tells me I have an invalid sim... anyone one know how to solve that?

Hanozy

Oct 15, 2011
Sweden
I solved it by flashing back to my stock rom, the . 290 one.

Top Liked Posts