5,598,297 Members 47,832 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Extended Battery without need to replace back cover.

Tip us?

Amitds360
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 16
Default Extended Battery without need to replace back cover.

So I see all these 9300 Mah batteries that requires you to change ur back cover. Just wanted to know if there is any extebded battery that does not require you to change the original cover. Yes. I know the limitations so I am looking for a battery that is 200 or 300 mah more than the original.
Any suggestions?

Sent from my GT-N7100 using xda app-developers app

apallohadas
Old
Thanks Meter 389
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amitds360 View Post
So I see all these 9300 Mah batteries that requires you to change ur back cover. Just wanted to know if there is any extebded battery that does not require you to change the original cover. Yes. I know the limitations so I am looking for a battery that is 200 or 300 mah more than the original.
Any suggestions?

No.

There are a dozen companies that swear "4 billion mah!!!" in the same size, however it's not possible. If you want more mAh you'll have to get a larger battery or just use a battery pack (external).
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to apallohadas For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

youStolemylaptop
Old
Thanks Meter 102

DONATE TO ME
there's a company on amazon called RavPower that'll provide another back cover. you can look forward to that.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using xda app-developers app
Phone - Samsung Note 2

Rom - VanirAOSP

Recovery - TWRP Recovery

Forum Rules

If I helped press the button.

LTE Speeds
The Following User Says Thank You to youStolemylaptop For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

vectron
Old
Thanks Meter 1722
Quote:
Originally Posted by youStolemylaptop View Post
there's a company on amazon called RavPower that'll provide another back cover. you can look forward to that.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using xda app-developers app
Every company that sells extended battery provides an "extended" battery cover to go along with it. OP asked for OEM size battery with higher capacity. No such thing exists. Those who claim they have it just print made up numbers on the label.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
If you find my post helpful, please hit Thanks

Complete list of all smartphone and tablet accessory REVIEWS by Vectron -> HERE

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The Following User Says Thank You to vectron For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

PhonePhan
Old
Thanks Meter 46

DONATE TO ME
They're 3500 mah batteries without replacable covers on Amazon but then again...like the guy above me said they arent legit. Reviews say they're no different then stock
The Following User Says Thank You to PhonePhan For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

fade2black101
Old
Thanks Meter 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by vectron View Post
Every company that sells extended battery provides an "extended" battery cover to go along with it. OP asked for OEM size battery with higher capacity. No such thing exists. Those who claim they have it just print made up numbers on the label.
Yes they do

Not by much though. The mugen power 3200mah battery is probably the best standard size battery available. It is not cheap though.

Alternatively I have found the much cheaper Anker batteries to perform slightly better than stock, even if they are the same capacity. Check on Amazon.
Current Devices: Samsung Galaxy Note II, LG Nexus 4

Previous Devices: HTC Wizard, HTC Kaiser, HTC Touch Pro 2, HTC Desire Z, iPhone 3G, HTC Mozart, HTC EVO 3D, HTC Trophy, iPhone 4, HTC One S, iPhone 4S

coolwater22
Old
Thanks Meter 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhonePhan View Post
They're 3500 mah batteries without replacable covers on Amazon but then again...like the guy above me said they arent legit. Reviews say they're no different then stock
Quote:
Originally Posted by vectron View Post
i was looking for the same kind of battery and found this but was wondering if you guys think this is a reliable company. im willing to give it a try and see how it is. I know you guys say that their isn't, but I still believe lol..
for those of you who have the extended battery, does it make the phone too bulky?

this one says "extended". would I need a different battery cover or no?
http://www.amazon.com/Floureon-Exten.../ref=de_a_smtd

how about this one. I read good and bad reviews and not sure what to think about it..
http://www.amazon.com/EC-TECHNOLOGY%...+sprint+note+2

Mastershake242
Old
Thanks Meter 1
I read a review by this guy that's tested a ton of our batteries and found anker and another brand (can't remember at the moment think it began with h) actually have their batteries slightly underrated. They turned out to be around 3200mah.

All the batteries he tested that claimed were 3500mah in the same body were actually as good or worse than stock.

If I find the website link I'll post.

coolwater22
Old
(Last edited by coolwater22; 13th January 2014 at 09:18 PM.)
Thanks Meter 49
QUOTE=Mastershake242;49403578]I[/url] read a review by this guy that's tested a ton of our batteries and found anker and another brand (can't remember at the moment think it began with h) actually have their batteries slightly underrated. They turned out to be around 3200mah.

All the batteries he tested that claimed were 3500mah in the same body were actually as good or worse than stock.

If I find the website link I'll post.
Sent from my GT-N7100 using xda app-developers app[/QUOTE]

If u could that would be cool..what do you think about this case/external battery? Im tempted to purchase it but idk.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00EPQ...ef=mp_s_a_1_59