Comparison with Amazon Fire Kindle HDX 7"

Tip us?

Zilliman
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by essdee View Post
For what it's worth, I haven't been able to reproduce any of the touch issues that I've read other people complaining about, regardless of whether I'm actually holding the tablet or not. I have noticed that the touchscreen seems to be slightly less sensitive than the one on my first gen Nexus 7, but it's never been a problem for me in actual use.

YAMTT shows all 10 touch points while my N7 is laying on my bed, and I can draw basically perfect squares and circles, even with multiple fingers at once. I could just be lucky though.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app
Just like it happened to me this morning. Nexus was next to me in bed, I tried to reply to a post in the forums, I was pressing the keys maybe two or three times before it would register - I realised what was happening, the same grounding issue again. So I plugged in the USB charger and the problem immediately went away, and was able to type properly. Up until this morning I had thought the issue would happen only with using three fingers and in a perfect 90 degree angles - not so, unfortunately.

Suffice to say this morning I put it back in the box and sent it back for a full refund, it is only one week's old.

I must also say that we have at home two other tablets, a Samsung 10.1 and a Pipo M7 Pro, 2 iPhones, and 3 Android Smartphones (Samsung Galaxy S3, Zopo ZP300, Samsung Galaxy Mini) - none of them devices suffer from anything like this problem - absolutely not. I am saying this because in some thread another person claimed that these screen problems are "normal" and can happen to any "electrical/electronic" device - well, no, this is not true.

rmn6
Old
(Last edited by rmn6; 13th January 2014 at 08:48 PM.)
Thanks Meter 4
I can't for the life of me figure out why some people are trying to convince everyone this is normal (the original 7 screen works perfectly fine).

Sent from my Original Nexus 7 (because the 3 2013 models i tried were all defective)
using xda app-developers app

Zilliman
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmn6 View Post
I can't for the life of me figure out why some people are trying to convince everyone this is normal (the original 7 screen works perfectly fine).

Sent from my Original Nexus 7 (because the 3 2013 models i tried were all defective)
using xda app-developers app
That is why I sent mine back, I knew there was no hope of getting a working one no matter how many replacements. Also, the LTE version which I had bought, does not make voice calls. I think I will go for a Chinese 6.5" phablet until the Samsung Pro gets more established.