5,595,339 Members 48,379 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] any tips on how to speed up my note 2?

Tip us?

st34dy
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] any tips on how to speed up my note 2?

Hey there, I am looking for some instructions on how to speed up my phone. Ever since the latest update for Android it has been getting choppy/hanging and it is becoming frustrating especially when I am trying to get a girl's phone number how do I go about doing this? I suspect I had too many pictures and videos so I packed them all up but did not see any improvement in speed. Any fast ways to uninstall many programs quickly instead of having to do each one at a time? I know that I have tons of apps installed that I don't use anymore. Thank you for any help.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using xda app-developers app

Kil4Thril
Old
Thanks Meter 1
You can use a program like ROM ToolBox by JRummy to do batch operations like that. I'm sure there are countless others, I just happen to use that suite

broexist
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by st34dy View Post
Hey there, I am looking for some instructions on how to speed up my phone. Ever since the latest update for Android it has been getting choppy/hanging and it is becoming frustrating especially when I am trying to get a girl's phone number how do I go about doing this? I suspect I had too many pictures and videos so I packed them all up but did not see any improvement in speed. Any fast ways to uninstall many programs quickly instead of having to do each one at a time? I know that I have tons of apps installed that I don't use anymore. Thank you for any help.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using xda app-developers app
A phone so hardware rich shouldn't give you those sort of issues. Is your device completely stock?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

st34dy
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
yes it is completely stock, never got into loading things like Cyanogen mod because I don't have any need to do so and also afraid of bricking. Thanks kil4thril ill check it out.

mike7728
Old
Thanks Meter 24
You'll have to be rooted to use rom toolbox.

broexist
Old
Thanks Meter 5
even when you free up your RAM your phone still runs slow?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

telcodave
Old
Thanks Meter 1
I'm stock as well and agree since the 4.3 update my phone has noticeably slowed down....very annoying.

mi7chy
Old
Thanks Meter 262
Try removing your SD card if you have one installed. If you see improvement provide the brand and model of SD card.

bgowland
Old
Thanks Meter 31
I Can tell you I switched to Illusions ROM way before the official 4.3 ad it was so freakin fast. Now on CM11 and it is still freakin fast. Much faster than any TW rom.

But ya, you may need to at least root to use some tools to figure it out. I have been using Startup Manager to clean up whats loaded during startup. Its amazing how many apps set themselves to auto start at boot. And almost all are unnecessary.
Device: VZW Samsung Galaxy Note II
ROM: CM11 nightlies
Kernel: Devil

Device: Nexus 10
ROM: RastaKat
Kernel: Stock for now

History: Nokia 5190 -> Nokia 8390 -> Motorola/Nextel 530 -> Motorola Q -> HTC 8125 -> iPhone 3G -> iPhone 4 (both broken out of jail)