TechTalk Compiles All the Android News You Need in One App

If you’re as obsessed with mobile devices as the vast majority of our forum … more

Android App Review: Google Inbox to Improve Your Life – XDA TV

Recently, Google+ exploded with the announcement of Google Inbox, as … more

Damp the LG G3 Thermal Throttling

As our mobile devices grow thinner and more powerfulwith each passing generation, it’s inevitable … more

Google Play Developer Distribution Agreement Due Tomorrow

Every once in a while, Google updates theGoogle PlayDeveloper Distribution … more

[Q] any tips on how to speed up my note 2?

OP st34dy

12th January 2014, 05:40 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

13 posts
Hey there, I am looking for some instructions on how to speed up my phone. Ever since the latest update for Android it has been getting choppy/hanging and it is becoming frustrating especially when I am trying to get a girl's phone number how do I go about doing this? I suspect I had too many pictures and videos so I packed them all up but did not see any improvement in speed. Any fast ways to uninstall many programs quickly instead of having to do each one at a time? I know that I have tons of apps installed that I don't use anymore. Thank you for any help.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using xda app-developers app
12th January 2014, 08:23 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 1

36 posts
You can use a program like ROM ToolBox by JRummy to do batch operations like that. I'm sure there are countless others, I just happen to use that suite
12th January 2014, 09:13 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 5

31 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by st34dy

Hey there, I am looking for some instructions on how to speed up my phone. Ever since the latest update for Android it has been getting choppy/hanging and it is becoming frustrating especially when I am trying to get a girl's phone number how do I go about doing this? I suspect I had too many pictures and videos so I packed them all up but did not see any improvement in speed. Any fast ways to uninstall many programs quickly instead of having to do each one at a time? I know that I have tons of apps installed that I don't use anymore. Thank you for any help.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using xda app-developers app

A phone so hardware rich shouldn't give you those sort of issues. Is your device completely stock?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk
12th January 2014, 10:06 PM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

13 posts
yes it is completely stock, never got into loading things like Cyanogen mod because I don't have any need to do so and also afraid of bricking. Thanks kil4thril ill check it out.
12th January 2014, 10:10 PM   |  #5  
Flag Xenia
Thanks Meter: 26

111 posts
Donate to Me
You'll have to be rooted to use rom toolbox.
12th January 2014, 11:21 PM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 5

31 posts
even when you free up your RAM your phone still runs slow?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk
12th January 2014, 11:24 PM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 1

48 posts
More
I'm stock as well and agree since the 4.3 update my phone has noticeably slowed down....very annoying.
13th January 2014, 06:29 PM   |  #8  
Thanks Meter: 270

1,157 posts
Try removing your SD card if you have one installed. If you see improvement provide the brand and model of SD card.
13th January 2014, 10:08 PM   |  #9  
Flag Pacific Northwest
Thanks Meter: 32

91 posts
More
I Can tell you I switched to Illusions ROM way before the official 4.3 ad it was so freakin fast. Now on CM11 and it is still freakin fast. Much faster than any TW rom.

But ya, you may need to at least root to use some tools to figure it out. I have been using Startup Manager to clean up whats loaded during startup. Its amazing how many apps set themselves to auto start at boot. And almost all are unnecessary.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread