Sim card permanently LOCK?

OP darknessxyz

11th January 2014, 07:16 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag San Francisco, CA
Thanks Meter: 11

333 posts
More
I got an unlock code for Galaxy S3 from TMO. I enter it and it didn't work. It said "network unlock request unsuccessful". I tried it for a couple times, wifi on, different carriers, the code still no good. Called TMO again and they said the code is correct verifying the IMEI. Anyone experience this? (It's on CM 10.2).

They also said my phone most likely permanently LOCKED the sim carrier!!! I was like WTF. I don't even know there's such thing. How is it possible the sim carrier being permanently locked.Now I'm stuck cuz they can only generate one code per IMEI (according to the rep). If I buy an unlock code online, will it work?
11th January 2014, 05:36 PM   |  #2  
Flag Houston
Thanks Meter: 763

2,329 posts
More
If you do too many unsuccessful attempts to unlock the sim then it can permanently lock it.. And did you try it with CM? With the s3 it would only work with touchwiz, try it with that

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk
13th January 2014, 10:12 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 35

199 posts
In the GENERAL section for our T999 there is a thread by "mrgodai" named "Sim Unlock".. I just did it last night and it worked. You WILL have to downgrade to 4.1.1 (I used the root66 4.1.1) via ODIN.. Then you follow the OPs instructions, then once it shows SUCCESSFUL you can go back to your backed up nandroid to whatever ROM.. I'm using CM11 4.4.2

Sent from my SGH-T999 using xda app-developers app
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread