Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,813,216 Members 53,616 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] HTC Desire S stuck at HTC sCreen

Tip us?

SimonTS
Old
Thanks Meter 1,553
Quote:
Originally Posted by ukgt-I9000 View Post
I have adb and fastboot when i click adb it flicks up for a second like a terminal but goes away and if my laptop dosent recognize it through usb will it still work ? i will endevour to try this method so thank u ill let u know if i figure it out r not lol
You don't "click" on ADB. You need to open a command line window and run the relevant ADB command from there. Search, there is a very good ADB guide somewhere on XDA with everything you will ever need.

Sent from the darkest corners of my mind

ukgt-I9000
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Re

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimonTS View Post
You don't "click" on ADB. You need to open a command line window and run the relevant ADB command from there. Search, there is a very good ADB guide somewhere on XDA with everything you will ever need.
Ok i think iv figured out fastboot can run commands and stuff on it seems cool.

But The problem I have now is that my usb dosent show the phone it charges but dosent recognize it in the bottom corner?
Iv installed drivers for it etc

Is that coz i messed up the rom ?

Fasboot isnt picking it up

teadrinker
Old
Thanks Meter 485
Is your phone in fastboot mode? (reboot to bootloader, should say fastboot USB at the top)

ukgt-I9000
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Thumbs up UPDATE

Ok so now I have a laptop that will recognise it and drivers installed I tried RUU official 4.0 stock or ROM update Utility 1.0.6.2012 . It finds phone fine and gets through all the steps but when it is updating signature it cuts off and i get ERROR 155 : UNKMOWN ERROR.

Is this the right RUU stock?

It said it was updating image version 13 ( bunch of number) to 14( bunch of numbers)

Anyone know a RUU STOCK Rom that would work ?

JJeamy
Old
Thanks Meter 137
Quote:
Originally Posted by ukgt-I9000 View Post
Ok so now I have a laptop that will recognise it and drivers installed I tried RUU official 4.0 stock or ROM update Utility 1.0.6.2012 . It finds phone fine and gets through all the steps but when it is updating signature it cuts off and i get ERROR 155 : UNKMOWN ERROR.

Is this the right RUU stock?

It said it was updating image version 13 ( bunch of number) to 14( bunch of numbers)

Anyone know a RUU STOCK Rom that would work ?
why do you want installing stock RUU..?, or do you want your phone to return to the stock..?, what do you wanted exactly..?

if you wanna installing custom rom..then you just need find a custom rom you want (find the right custom rom that are still had compatible kernel for hitachi or mddi panel)..then flashing it through TWRP recovery..after that..you must flashing boot.img (the kernel is already included in this boot.img) that are extracted from the custom rom.zip that you're already installed..flashing it through FASTBOOT mode..with fastboot command "fastboot flash boot boot.img"

hopefully this can help...
press the button .. then you have proved that you really appreciate someone help

HTC Sensation XE Z715e >>S-OFF||4Ext_Recovery||ViperS 5.1.0 Sense 5 ROM
HTC Desire S>>S-OFF||4Ext_Recovery||MDDI Panel-Hopefully future development Kernel
Samsung Galaxy Y SCH-I509>>Stock
Blackberry Bellagio 9790>>Hybrid OS TheZoners_XHDTuning Series 7.1