XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] apk parsing error?

Tip us?

kieranc88
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 39
Default [Q] apk parsing error?

Has there been a proper fix for the apk parsing error yet, I've tried a factory reset and also unticking the Motorola security features when setting up the phone?

insigh7
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by kieranc88 View Post
Has there been a proper fix for the apk parsing error yet, I've tried a factory reset and also unticking the Motorola security features when setting up the phone?
i managed to fix it doing a full wipe and reset, then when the initial configuration ask you for your wifi and your google account, you must omit both.
then try to install an apk (now is the time to connect to your wifi and download something)

duquema
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Just side load it from Google Drive! Worked for me..

ksuuk
Old
(Last edited by ksuuk; 21st December 2013 at 10:10 PM.) Reason: typo
Thanks Meter 21
Quote:
So Motorola and Google apk security is off? Strange, I never had this problem, stock UK 8GB version, I can install apk -s from anywhere.

kieranc88
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by ksuuk View Post
So Motorola and Google apk security is off? Strange, I neved had this problem, stock UK 8GB version, I can install apk -s from anywhere.
Yeah both off

pc2053
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default re:parsing error Mot G

parsing error
Please read this message. I an several other have MOTO G phones. We have one think in comment it has a serious problem installing any apk other then d/l from the Google play market. Here is the message.. Regarding :There was a problem parsing the package" issue.

I called Moto Tech support. Open 7 days 1-800-734-5870 .
Talked with level 1 they were clueless. Level 2 got into my phone and tried a few things.. they to were clueless. The pushed it to level 3 I am waiting to hear from them.

What would really help the cause is everyone that reads this message to contract Motorola Support.

Tell them you also have this problem. The more that does the quicker we will get a solution.

If you do plan to have all you information available. They will need it.

scott_doyland
Old
Thanks Meter 129
Quote:
Originally Posted by pc2053 View Post
parsing error
Please read this message. I an several other have MOTO G phones. We have one think in comment it has a serious problem installing any apk other then d/l from the Google play market. Here is the message.. Regarding :There was a problem parsing the package" issue.

I called Moto Tech support. Open 7 days 1-800-734-5870 .
Talked with level 1 they were clueless. Level 2 got into my phone and tried a few things.. they to were clueless. The pushed it to level 3 I am waiting to hear from them.

What would really help the cause is everyone that reads this message to contract Motorola Support.

Tell them you also have this problem. The more that does the quicker we will get a solution.

If you do plan to have all you information available. They will need it.
Its fixed in 4.4.2 isn't it ???

And most, not all, can fix on 4.3 by a factory reset as mentioned above.

cra1g321
Old
Thanks Meter 53
4.4.2 here, no longer having this issue