5,601,143 Members 48,406 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] apk parsing error?

Tip us?
 
kieranc88
Old
#1  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 39
Posts: 226
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: manchester
Default [Q] apk parsing error?

Has there been a proper fix for the apk parsing error yet, I've tried a factory reset and also unticking the Motorola security features when setting up the phone?
 
insigh7
Old
#2  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 4
Join Date: May 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by kieranc88 View Post
Has there been a proper fix for the apk parsing error yet, I've tried a factory reset and also unticking the Motorola security features when setting up the phone?
i managed to fix it doing a full wipe and reset, then when the initial configuration ask you for your wifi and your google account, you must omit both.
then try to install an apk (now is the time to connect to your wifi and download something)
 
duquema
Old
#3  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 2
Join Date: Feb 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by kieranc88 View Post
Has there been a proper fix for the apk parsing error yet, I've tried a factory reset and also unticking the Motorola security features when setting up the phone?
Just side load it from Google Drive! Worked for me..
 
ksuuk
Old
(Last edited by ksuuk; 21st December 2013 at 10:10 PM.) Reason: typo
#4  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 21
Posts: 176
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Tallinn
Quote:
Originally Posted by kieranc88 View Post
Has there been a proper fix for the apk parsing error yet, I've tried a factory reset and also unticking the Motorola security features when setting up the phone?
So Motorola and Google apk security is off? Strange, I never had this problem, stock UK 8GB version, I can install apk -s from anywhere.
 
kieranc88
Old
#5  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 39
Posts: 226
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: manchester
Quote:
Originally Posted by ksuuk View Post
So Motorola and Google apk security is off? Strange, I neved had this problem, stock UK 8GB version, I can install apk -s from anywhere.
Yeah both off
 
pc2053
Old
#6  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 1
Join Date: Aug 2012
Default re:parsing error Mot G

parsing error
Please read this message. I an several other have MOTO G phones. We have one think in comment it has a serious problem installing any apk other then d/l from the Google play market. Here is the message.. Regarding :There was a problem parsing the package" issue.

I called Moto Tech support. Open 7 days 1-800-734-5870 .
Talked with level 1 they were clueless. Level 2 got into my phone and tried a few things.. they to were clueless. The pushed it to level 3 I am waiting to hear from them.

What would really help the cause is everyone that reads this message to contract Motorola Support.

Tell them you also have this problem. The more that does the quicker we will get a solution.

If you do plan to have all you information available. They will need it.
 
scott_doyland
Old
#7  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 129
Posts: 427
Join Date: Dec 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by pc2053 View Post
parsing error
Please read this message. I an several other have MOTO G phones. We have one think in comment it has a serious problem installing any apk other then d/l from the Google play market. Here is the message.. Regarding :There was a problem parsing the package" issue.

I called Moto Tech support. Open 7 days 1-800-734-5870 .
Talked with level 1 they were clueless. Level 2 got into my phone and tried a few things.. they to were clueless. The pushed it to level 3 I am waiting to hear from them.

What would really help the cause is everyone that reads this message to contract Motorola Support.

Tell them you also have this problem. The more that does the quicker we will get a solution.

If you do plan to have all you information available. They will need it.
Its fixed in 4.4.2 isn't it ???

And most, not all, can fix on 4.3 by a factory reset as mentioned above.
 
cra1g321
Old
#8  
cra1g321's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 53
Posts: 166
Join Date: Dec 2013
4.4.2 here, no longer having this issue

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


XDA PORTAL POSTS

TasGear: A Tasker Extension for the Samsung Galaxy Gear

With wearable technology taking center stage this year, one can only expect more … more

Intelligently Place Contacts on Your Home Screen with CallWho Widget

There are plenty of ways to get your contacts to show up on your … more

Control TWRP from within Android with TWRP Coordinator

You may recall that back when TWRP2 introduced a couple of years ago, it brought with … more