Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,807,005 Members 38,066 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Bricked my note 3

Tip us?

bftb0
Old
Thanks Meter 796
Quote:
Originally Posted by deathrage View Post
Ok, so it seems like i was able to find a .tar.md5 that worked. It loaded up and it seems to have gone back to how it was before i mucked around with it. However i am not sure if i achieved super user. Is there a easy way to tell?
The Odin factory image stuff returns everything back to 100% factory, so you shouldn't be rooted if that's all you did.

And since you didn't mention anything else, I suppose that's exactly what we should presume.

Normally when you use that Odin procedure, you are returning to square one - you need to root. Probably with kingo.
"I'm gonna start coding placebo apps. That way I will be sure that the complaints are real and the praises hollow."

drag&fly
Old
Thanks Meter 73
As btfb0 said.... root with KingoApp (dot) com.

PaulusGrandis
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by drag&fly View Post
As btfb0 said.... root with KingoApp (dot) com.
As you seem to have figured out, the more research you do, the more likely you are to succeed at stuff like this. At least you were able to recover it.

That being said, KingoApp is definitely the best/easiest way to root this phone.