TWRP for Nexus 6 and 9 Available, Unofficial CM12 Alpha for HTC Explorer! – XDA TV

Team Win Recovery Project for the Nexus 6 and Nexus … more

Jolla Tablet Announced: The Second Sailfish OS Device

A little over a year ago, Jolla released its first smartphone with the brand new Jolla … more

Android One Devices Get Unofficial CM12 Port

Android One was initially announced right before Android Lollipop. By releasing these cheap, yet … more

WhatsApp Decides to Protect Your Data

When Facebook bought WhatsApp for the absurdly large sum of $19bn back in February, they took the tech … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Bricked my note 3

OP deathrage

13th January 2014, 06:23 AM   |  #11  
Thanks Meter: 815

2,144 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by deathrage

Ok, so it seems like i was able to find a .tar.md5 that worked. It loaded up and it seems to have gone back to how it was before i mucked around with it. However i am not sure if i achieved super user. Is there a easy way to tell?

The Odin factory image stuff returns everything back to 100% factory, so you shouldn't be rooted if that's all you did.

And since you didn't mention anything else, I suppose that's exactly what we should presume.

Normally when you use that Odin procedure, you are returning to square one - you need to root. Probably with kingo.
13th January 2014, 07:47 AM   |  #12  
Thanks Meter: 73

140 posts
As btfb0 said.... root with KingoApp (dot) com.
13th January 2014, 11:55 PM   |  #13  
Thanks Meter: 4

38 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by drag&fly

As btfb0 said.... root with KingoApp (dot) com.

As you seem to have figured out, the more research you do, the more likely you are to succeed at stuff like this. At least you were able to recover it.

That being said, KingoApp is definitely the best/easiest way to root this phone.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread