Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,812,283 Members 38,537 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Prep for S-off gives segmentation fault

Tip us?

djayn
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default [Q] Prep for S-off gives segmentation fault

Trying to do S-off using Revone and I keep getting segmentation fault <core dumped> when I set revone - P.
The phone is hboot 1.44 and firmware 4.1.2 with software number 1.27.531.11. Its not rooted.

Do I have to root to get this to work or what could be causing the fault? I ran it 6 or so times. Maybe I should try going to 1.27.531.8?
Thanks.

BenPope
Old
Thanks Meter 947
If your hboot is dated after May, yes, try the older ROM. I think the temproot hack broke around that time.

djayn
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenPope View Post
If your hboot is dated after May, yes, try the older ROM. I think the temproot hack broke around that time.
I will see if I can find the older ROM. Would the temproot issue also be addressed by rooting first? I was trying to avoid that.
Or is better to upgrade to 1.54 and use rumrunner?

nkk71
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2,929
Quote:
Originally Posted by djayn View Post
I will see if I can find the older ROM. Would the temproot issue also be addressed by rooting first? I was trying to avoid that.
Or is better to upgrade to 1.54 and use rumrunner?
1- you have a patched hboot, you can downgrade and use revone, using this: http://rootzwiki.com/topic/96098-s-o...11-to-1275318/

2- or you can use rumrunner, it also works on 1.44 as far as i know/seen

djayn
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by nkk71 View Post
1- you have a patched hboot, you can downgrade and use revone, using the s-offdowngrade-12753111-to-1275318.

2- or you can use rumrunner, it also works on 1.44 as far as i know/seen
Sounds good. I will probably try the downgrade. Or is there a good reason to just root and go to rumrunner?

nkk71
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2,929
Quote:
Sounds good. I will probably try the downgrade. Or is there a good reason to just root and go to rumrunner?
i guess it's two sides of the same coin.

the downgrade method (then revone) has been working fine from what i've seen on the forum.

igagnidz
Old
Thanks Meter 12
Quote:
Trying to do S-off using Revone and I keep getting segmentation fault <core dumped> when I set revone - P.
The phone is hboot 1.44 and firmware 4.1.2 with software number 1.27.531.11. Its not rooted.

Do I have to root to get this to work or what could be causing the fault? I ran it 6 or so times. Maybe I should try going to 1.27.531.8?
Thanks.
i always had issues with temproot on revone. I s-offed 3 phones and all 3 times i rooted phone first and then revone - always worked in that order (dont worget to su in adb shell)

djayn
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Now that rumrunner exists I wonder if its best to just let HTC/Tmobile update the phone to 4.3 and then use rumrunner to S-off?
Probably not.