5,599,190 Members 36,118 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Can't unlock TF300T bootloader

Tip us?

philled
Old
(Last edited by philled; 4th December 2013 at 05:37 AM.) Reason: Provide more info
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Default [Q] Can't unlock TF300T bootloader

My device has been sent away to Asus a couple of times to be repaired. In the process I think they may have sent it back to me and failed to update the serial number in their database. That means than when I try to unlock the bootloader by running the Asus Unlock Device Tool app I get the dreaded "An Unknown Error Occurs which may be a network connection issue" message. I've been trying for months and it's just isn't ever going to work.

Does anyone know how to unlock the bootloader without using the Asus tool? Every guide I can find relies on using the Asus Unlock Device Tool so I'm really hoping there's a way of unlocking without using it.

BTW:
- I have checked that the device registered to me on the Asus product registration has the correct serial number.
- My TF300T isn't rooted.
- I have uninstalled and reinstalled the Unlock Device Tool app.
- I don't have any problems accessing the internet from my TF300T so I don't think I have a network connection issue.

(P.S. I saw this thread - http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1845377 - but wasn't sure if this was just about rooting, or whether it also covers how to unlock the bootloader. I found it quite difficult to follow - is "installing recovery" the same thing as unlocking the bootloader? Is this what I'm looking for?)

cmendonc2
Old
Thanks Meter 306
Call Asus and tell them to re add the Serial Number to their database. It will take a few tries to find a support person who knows what you are talking about.

Sent from my TF300T using xda app-developers app
My Devices:

[Retired] Nook Color (CM10)

LG Optimus Dynamic II L39C (Stock, rooted)

Asus Tf300t (CM11)

Transformers: Install NvFlash for JellyBean Transformer bootloader to become unbrickable HERE Guide: Here!
Wantfree phone and tablet accessories or Google Play gift cards? Go HERE

philled
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmendonc2 View Post
Call Asus and tell them to re add the Serial Number to their database. It will take a few tries to find a support person who knows what you are talking about.
On no! Are there any alternatives? I'm REALLY hoping that there are other solutions to this apart from trying to convince the Asus support line to correct their serial number database!

gorilla p
Old
Thanks Meter 188
Yeah this really is horrible. There are serial number issues left and right, the bootloader unlocks for some people and not others, different versions require different things,it's hard to get help in the forums. Some guides are missing important information, some are hard to follow, this is a mess.

gorilla p
Old
Thanks Meter 188
I had to register the device on the asus website, then submit a ticket to tech support explaining the issue I was having and sent a link to the google search results for "asus transformer bootloader unlock problem" so they knew the extent of the issue. I was responded to the next business day and the V7 unlocker then worked.

spider623
Old
Thanks Meter 137
Quote:
Originally Posted by gorilla p View Post
I had to register the device on the asus website, then submit a ticket to tech support explaining the issue I was having and sent a link to the google search results for "asus transformer bootloader unlock problem" so they knew the extent of the issue. I was responded to the next business day and the V7 unlocker then worked.
if it's anything like what they told me today, they guy that did the rma didn't update the database and i have the wrong IMEI and that is why i'm stack to the first version of 4.2.1
Tags
unlock bootloader