XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Hangouts app contacts issue

Tip us?

jrrevoltar
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Default Hangouts app contacts issue

For some reason in my hangouts app it is only showing my contact numbers not the name. But in the default messages app I am able to view the names from the contatcs? Am I missing a step? It worked fine on my HTC one.. I am running Sweet Rom V5

Also could anyone suggest any kernels that run well with this rom. Thanks!

radicalisto
Old
Thanks Meter 1186

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrrevoltar View Post
For some reason in my hangouts app it is only showing my contact numbers not the name. But in the default messages app I am able to view the names from the contatcs? Am I missing a step? It worked fine on my HTC one.. I am running Sweet Rom V5

Also could anyone suggest any kernels that run well with this rom. Thanks!
It has done it for me sometimes but only on the odd contact, then it fixes itself
// Nexus 5 (D821) // Liquid // UBER //
// Note 3 (SM-N9005) // AOSP ROM of variety // Lean or temasek's Kernel // - Dumped. No more Samsung

jrrevoltar
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by radicalisto View Post
It has done it for me sometimes but only on the odd contact, then it fixes itself
I have disabled the default messaging app and have left SMS turned on for Hangouts.. But nothing seems to work for the contacts to be shown. only SOME contacts show the name but most just show the number.. Not sure where to go from here. Might do a clean install of the rom, but trying to avoid that.