Team Win Recovery Project for Tornado 348

more

PhotoMath: A Math Beginner’s Dream App

more

Leaked Galaxy S6 Apps Hit the Forums

more

Fix Untinted Recent Panels on Lollipop

more
Post Reply

Phone goes to Gallery after viewing MMS pix?

OP BBEgo

12th January 2014, 07:53 PM   |  #1  
BBEgo's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 342
 
1,481 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2011
Hi all. Does anybody know how to fix this issue? It's driving my girl crazy.
She gets a picture MMS, views it, and then hits the 'back' button to go back to her messages. But instead of going back to her messages, it opens the Gallery! WTF? LOL

She says it's been doing it since the most recent update, but I remember her talking about this months ago. So I think it may have been the first update.

Can anyone help with suggestions? She's on the Stock ROM.
Thanks!

Sent from my HTC DNA
12th January 2014, 08:19 PM   |  #2  
Senior Member
Flag Decatur
Thanks Meter: 839
 
2,469 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBEgo

Hi all. Does anybody know how to fix this issue? It's driving my girl crazy.
She gets a picture MMS, views it, and then hits the 'back' button to go back to her messages. But instead of going back to her messages, it opens the Gallery! WTF? LOL

She says it's been doing it since the most recent update, but I remember her talking about this months ago. So I think it may have been the first update.

Can anyone help with suggestions? She's on the Stock ROM.
Thanks!

Sent from my HTC DNA

Questions should go in the Q&A forum. I would think that somewhere along the way when your gf chose to open a pic in mms...The S4 asked her what app to use and if to use only once.. I suspect this now the default and I'm not sure how to reset the default.

safestrap enabled, Hyperdrive driven
12th January 2014, 09:05 PM   |  #3  
BBEgo's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 342
 
1,481 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2011
Sorry about the wrong forum. I realized that a few minutes after I posted.

Ahh, good call. Maybe if I go to Manage Apps and clear data in either Gallery or Messages, it'll fix the problem. The question then is will she lose her texts or photos in doing that?


Sent from my HTC DNA
12th January 2014, 09:07 PM   |  #4  
Senior Member
Flag Decatur
Thanks Meter: 839
 
2,469 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBEgo

Sorry about the wrong forum. I realized that a few minutes after I posted.

Ahh, good call. Maybe if I go to Manage Apps and clear data in either Gallery or Messages, it'll fix the problem. The question then is will she lose her texts or photos in doing that?


Sent from my HTC DNA

I can't answer that. Good concern

safestrap enabled, Hyperdrive driven
13th January 2014, 03:34 AM   |  #5  
papstar's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag MA
Thanks Meter: 32
 
310 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by decaturbob

Questions should go in the Q&A forum. I would think that somewhere along the way when your gf chose to open a pic in mms...The S4 asked her what app to use and if to use only once.. I suspect this now the default and I'm not sure how to reset the default.

safestrap enabled, Hyperdrive driven

manage apps > gallery > clear defaults
I'm on cm11, not sure if it's the same in tw.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using xda app-developers app
Last edited by papstar; 13th January 2014 at 03:38 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to papstar For This Useful Post: [ View ]
14th January 2014, 03:50 AM   |  #6  
BBEgo's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 342
 
1,481 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2011
I tried your idea, papstar, but unfortunately it didn't work. Thanks for the suggestion though. I appreciate it.

Sent from my HTC DNA
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes