Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,806,072 Members 47,074 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Phone goes to Gallery after viewing MMS pix?

Tip us?

BBEgo
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 325
Default Phone goes to Gallery after viewing MMS pix?

Hi all. Does anybody know how to fix this issue? It's driving my girl crazy.
She gets a picture MMS, views it, and then hits the 'back' button to go back to her messages. But instead of going back to her messages, it opens the Gallery! WTF? LOL

She says it's been doing it since the most recent update, but I remember her talking about this months ago. So I think it may have been the first update.

Can anyone help with suggestions? She's on the Stock ROM.
Thanks!

Sent from my HTC DNA
If you feel like you need to ask for 'thanks' in the signature section of every post, you probably don't deserve it.

decaturbob
Old
Thanks Meter 813
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBEgo View Post
Hi all. Does anybody know how to fix this issue? It's driving my girl crazy.
She gets a picture MMS, views it, and then hits the 'back' button to go back to her messages. But instead of going back to her messages, it opens the Gallery! WTF? LOL

She says it's been doing it since the most recent update, but I remember her talking about this months ago. So I think it may have been the first update.

Can anyone help with suggestions? She's on the Stock ROM.
Thanks!

Sent from my HTC DNA
Questions should go in the Q&A forum. I would think that somewhere along the way when your gf chose to open a pic in mms...The S4 asked her what app to use and if to use only once.. I suspect this now the default and I'm not sure how to reset the default.

safestrap enabled, Hyperdrive driven
so long Verizon and my awesome S4 , hello TMO G3

BBEgo
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 325
Sorry about the wrong forum. I realized that a few minutes after I posted.

Ahh, good call. Maybe if I go to Manage Apps and clear data in either Gallery or Messages, it'll fix the problem. The question then is will she lose her texts or photos in doing that?

Sent from my HTC DNA
If you feel like you need to ask for 'thanks' in the signature section of every post, you probably don't deserve it.

decaturbob
Old
Thanks Meter 813
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBEgo View Post
Sorry about the wrong forum. I realized that a few minutes after I posted.

Ahh, good call. Maybe if I go to Manage Apps and clear data in either Gallery or Messages, it'll fix the problem. The question then is will she lose her texts or photos in doing that?

Sent from my HTC DNA
I can't answer that. Good concern

so long Verizon and my awesome S4 , hello TMO G3

papstar
Old
(Last edited by papstar; 13th January 2014 at 02:38 AM.)
Thanks Meter 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by decaturbob View Post
Questions should go in the Q&A forum. I would think that somewhere along the way when your gf chose to open a pic in mms...The S4 asked her what app to use and if to use only once.. I suspect this now the default and I'm not sure how to reset the default.

manage apps > gallery > clear defaults
I'm on cm11, not sure if it's the same in tw.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using xda app-developers app
The Following User Says Thank You to papstar For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

BBEgo
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 325
I tried your idea, papstar, but unfortunately it didn't work. Thanks for the suggestion though. I appreciate it.

Sent from my HTC DNA