Does anyone have a 64gb micro sdxc card running on this phone?

Search This thread

neotoky

Aug 2, 2010
I formatted it to fat32 and it still doesn't work. I tried it on different roms and no luck.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using xda app-developers app

jeffsf

Mar 7, 2011
San Francisco
I've got several 64GB SanDisk Ultra and I get full capacity. I don't format them on Windows though.

Posted from my SGS4G, thanks to Team Acid development

neotoky

Aug 2, 2010
What do you suggest then? I have a windows computer. I tried to format it through the phone but it doesn't recognize it. I'm running DJ's cm10.2 rom.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using xda app-developers app

Last edited:

bhundven

Inactive Recognized Developer
Personally, I know partitioning with eollie's oneclick works. It's the first one in the second post of my oneclick thread. Also check out lumin30's oneclick guide.

Reboot to recovery, nandroid backup (using an SD card that works) . Put device in download mode and oneclick. Put the SD card in, partition.

At this point I hope you report back ;)

Flash your rom's zip so it's the same version as you backed up with. Same recovery. Nandroid restore your backup.

Worth a shot.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Reactions: neotoky

neotoky

Aug 2, 2010
I will try both suggestions when I have time and will report back. Much appreciated.

Sent from my SGH-T959V using xda app-developers app

neotoky

Aug 2, 2010
Ok I'm trying out the method of running ubuntu from USB which I did. I inserted the card and of course it gave me an exfat error. I go to format and there are fat, ntfs, ext4 and luks + ext4. I don't see fat32 so which one do I choose?

neotoky

Aug 2, 2010
Well it doesn't matter what I choose it doesn't seem to format the card at all. Do I have to install the whole ubuntu to get all the capabilities? I chose trying out ubuntu option.

jeffsf

Mar 7, 2011
San Francisco
It should work with the "Try Ubuntu" option. Once you launch gnome-disks you should get a window labeled "Disks" with "Devices" in the left column. Select the microSD from there. From the gear in the top right, select "Format"

In the format dialog, you should select "Compatible with all systems and devices (MBR/DOS)" and "quick format" is fine.

Once the new partition table is written from that step, you need to add a FAT / VFAT / FAT32 partition to the disk. As I recall there is either a "+" symbol beneath the "bar graph" under the Volumes label, or there should be one off the gears beneath the bar graph.

If you're still having problems, I'll try to take some screen shots when I get home.

neotoky

Aug 2, 2010
I would surely like screenshots. Take your time cuz i'm in no hurry.

jeffsf

Mar 7, 2011
San Francisco
Once you have gnome-disks running, select the proper drive. From the top-right gear, select "Format..."

attachment.php

Unless you know why you would want something different, you should select "MBR/DOS" (partition table type)

attachment.php

If confident you have the right disk, go ahead.

attachment.php

and you should end up with a disk with an MBR partition table and no partitions

attachment.php

Next, add the partitions you need. Select the free space and click the "+" beneath the map of the partitions

attachment.php

I am setting this one up for Hefe Hook and external data, with a partition for sd-ext and a spare, so I only allocate 54 GB to the FAT partition. If you only need a FAT partition, you can just let it use the entire disk.

attachment.php

After created, you should see it in the partition map. If you used the whole disk, you won't see the "Free Space" section.

attachment.php

If you're adding more partitions, for sd-ext, or other reasons, select the "Free Space" section, then click the "+" again.

attachment.php

Here I'm adding an ext4 partition for "app-to-SD" scripts and other legacy purposes.

attachment.php

Here is the four-partition disk that I am using today.

attachment.php

If you have problems like it not allowing you to convert from GUID to MBR partitioning, the following will wipe the beginning of the disk and generally let you start with partitioning. Insert the right drive letter in place of the # below

Make sure that you select the right drive, as you can wipe your system or any other disk you have with this!

Code:
sudo dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/sd# bs=4k count=1k

neotoky

Aug 2, 2010
Success! Thank you for this extensive walk-through. It surely helped me out. I appreciate the time you took to make this.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Once you have gnome-disks running, select the proper drive. From the top-right gear, select "Format..."

attachment.php

Unless you know why you would want something different, you should select "MBR/DOS" (partition table type)

attachment.php

If confident you have the right disk, go ahead.

attachment.php

and you should end up with a disk with an MBR partition table and no partitions

attachment.php

Next, add the partitions you need. Select the free space and click the "+" beneath the map of the partitions

attachment.php

I am setting this one up for Hefe Hook and external data, with a partition for sd-ext and a spare, so I only allocate 54 GB to the FAT partition. If you only need a FAT partition, you can just let it use the entire disk.

attachment.php

After created, you should see it in the partition map. If you used the whole disk, you won't see the "Free Space" section.

attachment.php

If you're adding more partitions, for sd-ext, or other reasons, select the "Free Space" section, then click the "+" again.

attachment.php

Here I'm adding an ext4 partition for "app-to-SD" scripts and other legacy purposes.

attachment.php

Here is the four-partition disk that I am using today.

attachment.php

If you have problems like it not allowing you to convert from GUID to MBR partitioning, the following will wipe the beginning of the disk and generally let you start with partitioning. Insert the right drive letter in place of the # below

Make sure that you select the right drive, as you can wipe your system or any other disk you have with this!

Code:
    sudo dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/sd# bs=4k count=1k
    Personally, I know partitioning with eollie's oneclick works. It's the first one in the second post of my oneclick thread. Also check out lumin30's oneclick guide.

Reboot to recovery, nandroid backup (using an SD card that works) . Put device in download mode and oneclick. Put the SD card in, partition.

At this point I hope you report back ;)

Flash your rom's zip so it's the same version as you backed up with. Same recovery. Nandroid restore your backup.

Worth a shot.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
    You can also download Ubuntu and run it off a USB stick, without modifying your Windows install.