Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,805,468 Members 37,912 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] MK2 - Wifi and Mobile Data not working

Tip us?

funkmastersquirrel
Old
(Last edited by funkmastersquirrel; 11th January 2014 at 03:49 AM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default [Q] MK2 - Wifi and Mobile Data not working

EDIT: I was able to get mobile data working by manually putting in APN information. Sometimes the Wifi will show APs to connect to and when I try it just stalls and then auto turns back off.

I have frequented these forums for years now without really needing to post a thing or ask a question til now. I have also looked all over the forums and subforums and google for a solution.

I was updated to MK2 as soon as I got my phone. I then was able to root it successfully and installed SafeStrap. I never really got to play with it much and from what I read it didnt really work at all with this build. Anyhow, I decided to go ahead and do a factory reset via the stock recovery and all went fine. I then decided to try and get rid of some bloatware since I cant by any other means currently. I stumbled upon SchoolSux script TrulyClean and ran it. After it was successful I booted back up to notice that my Wifi and Data wasnt working at all. I am able to make calls and text and the phone functions correctly thus far.

I have tried installing modems via Odin, SS TWRP Recovery and even tried connecting to Kies to perhaps get all stock again. Which at this point would be great. I have even tried going down to the MJ6 Modem FW with success but still nothing.

I really need some help and pointers here guys. Of course I rushed this all and didnt make a back up, I expect to be flamed for that, lol. Thanks in advance for any help.

It is the I337 - ATT with MK2 4.3

funkmastersquirrel
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default hmm

Well I was able to get Deadly Venom SS Edi. on my ROM 1 emu via SS and everything works fine. So it seems like I just need like a fresh pure install of the full MK2 build am i right?

funkmastersquirrel
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Well I wanted to avoid this but following Ted77USA's post found here http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...3080&nocache=1 POST #3. I followed it verbatim even though i wasnt completely bricked, just didnt have WIFI and APN settings auto load. However, following it word for word got me back to original condition with working wifi and APN auto populated.

THANK YOU SO MUCH TED!
The Following User Says Thank You to funkmastersquirrel For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ted77usa
Old
(Last edited by ted77usa; 14th January 2014 at 04:17 AM.)
Recognized Contributor / Themer
Thanks Meter 3,483

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by funkmastersquirrel View Post
Well I wanted to avoid this but following Ted77USA's post found here http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...3080&nocache=1 POST #3. I followed it verbatim even though i wasnt completely bricked, just didnt have WIFI and APN settings auto load. However, following it word for word got me back to original condition with working wifi and APN auto populated.

THANK YOU SO MUCH TED!
Glad that all worked out for u and got your phone back............FIRST THANKS FROM ME.....