Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,736,126 Members 42,576 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Can the Stock T.W 4.3 recent Update be applied to our G-Tab P3100?

Tip us?

LowaEastSide
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 88
Talking Can the Stock T.W 4.3 recent Update be applied to our G-Tab P3100?

Im hoping to see anyone of these great Devs in XDA come up with a Stock but Custom Touch Wiz 4.3 Rom for our Galaxy Tab 2 P3100, that would be Sweet, I dont Know Much about what these Devs go through Developing and Customizing these Updates but I'm truly hoping to see the 4.3 T.W update for our P3100. Much Respect goes out to ALL the GREAT developers on XDA. I thank you all personally.
Retired: But keeping Because its a Classic ------>>>> G1, (Sold) G2, (Sold) My Touch, (Sold) HD 2, (Sold) HD 7, (Gave to my sister) Galaxy Tab P1000, (Sold) HP TouchPad, (Sold) Galaxy S2, (Sold) Galaxy S3, (Sold) Galaxy S4, (Sold) International Galaxy Tab 3 7' (T211), (Gave to my Wife) Note 2, International Galaxy Tab 3 8" T311 (Sold), --->>> Present Devices are the WONDERFUL ------->>>>> Note 3 & International Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4" 4G/LTE (T325)...

C.L. 2 L.E.S..

kt-Froggy
Old
Thanks Meter 588
Which recent stock update are you talking about? Did P31xx get updated to 4.3 by Samsung?
Optimus G F180S, Sling v2.2.2 (KK 4.4.2)
Xperia X10 Mini, rooted stock 2.1
MeMO Pad HD 7 ME173X, rooted US stock 4.2.2

To whom it may concern: STOP nagging about pressing the freakin' Thanks button!!! It is rude, stupid, and annoying as hell. I am not an idiot who needs a huge in-my-face reminder to press it, and I will press it when I feel thankful, not because you asked for it!

LowaEastSide
Old
(Last edited by LowaEastSide; 14th January 2014 at 02:33 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 88
Wink No Update from Samsung for 4.3 TW

My Question was that Im hoping to see a Custom TW 4.3 for the Galaxy Tab 2, this is what im hoping to see, or even better, i just read that the Galaxy S4 and Note 3 are getting the 4.4 TW update soon, theres already a leaked version for the international S4, so if one or both of those (TW 4.3 or 4.4) can get ported to our P3100 that will be GREATTTTT. Well just a thought, NAW more like a WISH.. lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by kt-Froggy View Post
Which recent stock update are you talking about? Did P31xx get updated to 4.3 by Samsung?
Retired: But keeping Because its a Classic ------>>>> G1, (Sold) G2, (Sold) My Touch, (Sold) HD 2, (Sold) HD 7, (Gave to my sister) Galaxy Tab P1000, (Sold) HP TouchPad, (Sold) Galaxy S2, (Sold) Galaxy S3, (Sold) Galaxy S4, (Sold) International Galaxy Tab 3 7' (T211), (Gave to my Wife) Note 2, International Galaxy Tab 3 8" T311 (Sold), --->>> Present Devices are the WONDERFUL ------->>>>> Note 3 & International Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4" 4G/LTE (T325)...

C.L. 2 L.E.S..

kt-Froggy
Old
Thanks Meter 588
Quote:
Originally Posted by luchiano02@gmail.com View Post
My Question was that Im hoping to see a Custom TW 4.3 for the Galaxy Tab 2, this is what im hoping to see, or even better, i just read that the Galaxy S4 and Note 3 are getting the 4.4 TW update soon, theres already a leaked version for the international S4, so if one or both of those (TW 4.3 or 4.4) can get ported to our P3100 that will be GREATTTTT. Well just a thought, NAW more like a WISH.. lol
Nope. Not gonna happen. You won't see a stock ROM of a newer version ported from another device. Some apps and features, yes (happens quite a lot), but not the ROM.
Optimus G F180S, Sling v2.2.2 (KK 4.4.2)
Xperia X10 Mini, rooted stock 2.1
MeMO Pad HD 7 ME173X, rooted US stock 4.2.2

To whom it may concern: STOP nagging about pressing the freakin' Thanks button!!! It is rude, stupid, and annoying as hell. I am not an idiot who needs a huge in-my-face reminder to press it, and I will press it when I feel thankful, not because you asked for it!

njstein
Old
Thanks Meter 434
Quote:
Originally Posted by luchiano02@gmail.com View Post
And please someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I think I remember reading TW is close source, which is why there are no custom versions.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-T769 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app