Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,771,646 Members 46,853 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] New User. I Need Help.

Tip us?

DeadlySin9
Old
Thanks Meter 620

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonydamiani View Post
baseband: I337ucuamf3
On MF3, your only option for a recovery is Safestrap 3.65 and you can only flash other 4.2.2 ROMS. Trying to use the updater in the GPE 4.2.2 ROM will possibly brick your phone. If you update to MK2 then you can have 4.3 ROMS but the 4.3 GPE ROM uses a different kernel and so you won't be able to use it.
Current Device: ATT Samsung Galaxy S4 (i337)

Past Devices:
Droid Bionic (GSM Hacked)
HTC Inspire 4G (Desire HD)
Nexus One
Motorola Backflip
HTC Dev Phone 1 (Dream/G1)

rugmankc
Old
Thanks Meter 1756
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadlySin9 View Post
On MF3, your only option for a recovery is Safestrap 3.65 and you can only flash other 4.2.2 ROMS. Trying to use the updater in the GPE 4.2.2 ROM will possibly brick your phone. If you update to MK2 then you can have 4.3 ROMS but the 4.3 GPE ROM uses a different kernel and so you won't be able to use it.
Just FYI for me in future on helping out--is it SS 3.7.? for MK2--
ATT Samsung Galaxy S4/Rooted/TWRP 2.5.0.2/Wanam Xposed, or Gravity Box/Long Time MultiRom Flasher/Waiting For The Note 4--The Game Changer

DeadlySin9
Old
Thanks Meter 620

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by rugmankc View Post
Just FYI for me in future on helping out--is it SS 3.7.? for MK2--
Yes, but if anyone is asking for the record it's still in beta, only on Hashcode's goo.im, and if they're still on MF3 they should stay if they want GPE and check which ROMs are compatible in the Safestrap thread before going to MK2.
Current Device: ATT Samsung Galaxy S4 (i337)

Past Devices:
Droid Bionic (GSM Hacked)
HTC Inspire 4G (Desire HD)
Nexus One
Motorola Backflip
HTC Dev Phone 1 (Dream/G1)
The Following User Says Thank You to DeadlySin9 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

rugmankc
Old
Thanks Meter 1756
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadlySin9 View Post
Yes, but if anyone is asking for the record it's still in beta, only on Hashcode's goo.im, and if they're still on MF3 they should stay if they want GPE and check which ROMs are compatible in the Safestrap thread before going to MK2.
Appreciate the info--I did know about the beta. Too much to keep up on with this phone--
ATT Samsung Galaxy S4/Rooted/TWRP 2.5.0.2/Wanam Xposed, or Gravity Box/Long Time MultiRom Flasher/Waiting For The Note 4--The Game Changer