Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,813,079 Members 54,427 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Last official release for US retail gt-p6210

Tip us?

chip.hughes
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 27
Default Last official release for US retail gt-p6210

It has been awhile since I posted in here. Does anyone have a link to the last official release for the US gt-p6210 wifi only? ODIN or recovery flashable. And can it be rooted?
HTC One, rooted, htcdev unlocked, rumrunner s-off
Verizon S III rooted, now in wife's possession
retired-HTC Incredible, 2.3.4, rooted, s-off

DigitalMD
Old
Thanks Meter 613
Quote:
Originally Posted by chip.hughes View Post
It has been awhile since I posted in here. Does anyone have a link to the last official release for the US gt-p6210 wifi only? ODIN or recovery flashable. And can it be rooted?
The last release for the US was July 2012 V. 4.0.4. I would use the Brazil 4.1.2 release from Oct 2013 , it works great and is rootable.
Get either from http://www.sammobile.com/firmwares/#firmware
Days of open internet are almost over as the biggies look for more revenue streaming from your wallet..Soon the internet will be a shell of its current self. With the government wanting their taxes and the big ISPs planning to charge extra for access to specific content (like facebook) and throttle your speed.
The Following User Says Thank You to DigitalMD For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

chip.hughes
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalMD View Post
The last release for the US was July 2012 V. 4.0.4. I would use the Brazil 4.1.2 release from Oct 2013 , it works great and is rootable.
Get either from http://www.sammobile.com/firmwares/#firmware
Thanks! I am experiencing lock ups and spontaneous reboots occasionally and think I may have some compatibility issues. I'm on p6210xxmf1 and was on xxmd3. I'm going to try the Brazil one.

chip.hughes
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 27
Do you know if the kernel flashes along with it?

DigitalMD
Old
(Last edited by DigitalMD; 13th January 2014 at 04:38 PM.)
Thanks Meter 613
Quote:
Do you know if the kernel flashes along with it?
Yes it does. and it will wipe your system and apps. Do not wipe with the ICS system before flashing. just use ODIN and flash the new ROM. You will have to root again if you want root. Follow the instructions in the forum.
Days of open internet are almost over as the biggies look for more revenue streaming from your wallet..Soon the internet will be a shell of its current self. With the government wanting their taxes and the big ISPs planning to charge extra for access to specific content (like facebook) and throttle your speed.

chip.hughes
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalMD View Post
Yes it does. and it will wipe your system and apps. Do not wipe with the ICS system before flashing. just use ODIN and flash the new ROM. You will have to root again if you want root. Follow the instructions in the forum.
Thanks, I am now running the Brazil release you recommended. I have rooted it and put my apps back. So far it has locked up on Pulse. I disabled it and use flipboard.

DigitalMD
Old
Thanks Meter 613
Quote:
Thanks, I am now running the Brazil release you recommended. I have rooted it and put my apps back. So far it has locked up on Pulse. I disabled it and use flipboard.
If you restore app using titanium backup, do not restore data. You can restore apps only, ICS and JB treat app data differently and restoring app data with TB will screw things up.

DaWeav
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Isn't it just sad that Samsung never released an official 4.1.2 Jelly Bean update for the U.S. model of this tablet even though they released it for practically every other country on the planet! I will never purchase another Samsung tablet ever again!!! Here's proof they don't update their U.S. tablets, http://samsung-updates.com/region/?region=XAR

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk