FORUMS

Android 5.1.1 Omni ROM For Motorola Xoom

Back in Feb 2011, the Motorola Xoom became the first device to be sold with Android 3.0 … more

CleanSlate Brings Fingerprint Scanner Mod to HTC One M9+

Work of XDA Recognized Developer tbalden, CleanSlate custom kernel for the HTC … more

Sunday Debate: Which Factors Caused HTC’s Woes?

Join us in a fun Sunday Debate on HTC’s situation. Come with your … more

HTC’s New Ad Campaign And What It Really Means

HTC has just released three new blind test adverts comparing app loading … more

[Q] Refurbished or new?

52 posts
Thanks Meter: 0
 
By santro652, Member on 13th January 2014, 08:52 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
HI GUYS,

My z1 had camera issues and the service center guys said they will give me a new device but these guys did not take the box, I am wondering that these guys are just bluffing, is there a way for me to find if the device I am getting is new?
 
 
13th January 2014, 02:31 PM |#2  
bogdan wst's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 39
 
More
I have got my Z1 replaced the same way. They didn't take the box, the charger or the headphones. They gave me a brand new one. It was covered in those plastic film foils, it came in. 534 firmware and, the most important thing, it had A NEW IMEI. So, stay cool. You will get a brand new device for sure.

Sent from my C6903 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
13th January 2014, 09:10 PM |#3  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 298
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by santro652

My z1 had camera issues and the service center guys said they will give me a new device but these guys did not take the box, I am wondering that these guys are just bluffing, is there a way for me to find if the device I am getting is new?

What price did you pay for your Z1 ? was it online or from a shop. The camera issue you've had has happened to others as well.
14th January 2014, 04:37 AM |#4  
OP Member
Flag Bangalore
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by One Twelve

What price did you pay for your Z1 ? was it online or from a shop. The camera issue you've had has happened to others as well.

Hi,

Bought this online on flipkart on new year sale actual price INR rs 37500 and another 10% on HDFC credit card, so approx 33500.
14th January 2014, 04:40 AM |#5  
OP Member
Flag Bangalore
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bogdan wst

I have got my Z1 replaced the same way. They didn't take the box, the charger or the headphones. They gave me a brand new one. It was covered in those plastic film foils, it came in. 534 firmware and, the most important thing, it had A NEW IMEI. So, stay cool. You will get a brand new device for sure.

Sent from my C6903 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Thanks for sharing your experience, hopefully the same procedures are followed back in India.

But do you or anyone actually know how to find if the phone is new or refurbished

Is it possible by the IMEI nukber or ahynsoftware?
14th January 2014, 07:46 AM |#6  
bogdan wst's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 39
 
More
I don't think so. Just check the phone's build quality and any traces of it being used before.

Although Sony's policy allows the replacement with a refurbished phone, the law in my country doesn't allow that. It clearly states that the repairs must be done using new materials or - if it comes to a replacement - the replacement device must be a brand new one.
Sent from my C6903 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Last edited by bogdan wst; 14th January 2014 at 07:48 AM.
14th January 2014, 08:04 AM |#7  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 298
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by santro652

Hi,

Bought this online on flipkart on new year sale actual price INR rs 37500 and another 10% on HDFC credit card, so approx 33500.

It's a good deal, the online sources tend to beat the shops but then i'm a bit leery to buy something this expensive on line. Don't mind paying a little more premium to avoid such issues. Somebody else had ordered earlier from homeshop18 and had the same issue. Took about a month to get a replacement as the vendor was not in the same city.



---------- Post added at 01:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:32 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by santro652

Is it possible by the IMEI nukber or ahynsoftware?

IMEI is unique for every phone.

Chance is good you will get a another one as they do not service Z1 in India, it has to be shipped over to Sweden.

Whether new or refurbished is the question ? does it show any wear or tear, you will have to examine closely. Coming in a sealed box does not mean too much.
Last edited by One Twelve; 14th January 2014 at 08:10 AM.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
refurbished, sony
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes