Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,738,086 Members 54,263 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Lumia Black Update Status

Tip us?
 
Room408Ddesign
Old
#1  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 2
Join Date: Nov 2013
Smile [Q] Lumia Black Update Status

Any one know the Lumia Black update timeline for Lumia devices in NA?

 
Covart
Old
#2  
Covart's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 117
Posts: 199
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Pismo Beach
Quote:
Originally Posted by Room408Ddesign View Post
Any one know the Lumia Black update timeline for Lumia devices in NA?

Other than the 1020, all other Lumia's are waiting on the carriers to fuc$ around for the next 6 months. I hate US carriers.
 
aclegg2011
Old
#3  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 21
Posts: 154
Join Date: Mar 2011
keep an eye on ncs. I'm sure we'll see them creep up on there before being released ota.
 
thals1992
Old
#4  
thals1992's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 207
Posts: 584
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Cincinnati, OH

 
DONATE TO ME
Yep, or you could try the Nokia Software Updater for Store. Its a lot simpler to use and it will actually tell you and download the newest firmware when available, but most of the people reading this already know that....
Waiting for the Black Update on meh 928.
 
anaheiim
Old
#5  
anaheiim's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 824
Posts: 1,110
Join Date: Jun 2012

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Covart View Post
Other than the 1020, all other Lumia's are waiting on the carriers to fuc$ around for the next 6 months. I hate US carriers.
For now, only 1020 and 925.

 
titi66200
Old
#6  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 103
Posts: 489
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: PERPIGNAN
Look here
http://www.nokia.com/global/support/...ftware-update/
Nokia Lumia 1020: GDR3
HTC Titan: New Gen 2.3 OS 7.10.8862.144.
HTC HD2: New Gen 2.3 OS 7.10.8862.144.
Asus Slate EP121: Windows 8.1
 
sronweb
Old
#7  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 92
Posts: 418
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Sicily (Italy)
I have a Lumia 720 as business phone and I hope that next update will bring the possibility to select attachment with the mail client. I don't care all the other new features I read on latest news.....
Currently I can only select pictures as attachment on mail which sound strange for me it this is considered a business phone.
I guess we should wait for users getting the update to confirm that this feature will be included now.
 
GoodDayToDie
Old
#8  
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 2645
Posts: 5,539
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Seattle
Just because your company calls it a business phone doesn't mean Microsoft considers it one. From the beginning, MS unapologetically marketed Windows Phone as a consumer phone. They focused on personalization, user-friendliness, and social features but neglected business features like VPN support, encrypted email, mobile device management (WP7 didn't even support encrypted storage at all), and attachment support (although you can attach Office documents from within the Office hub).

Updates and new releases have slowly improved this area, and future versions will improve on it further (S/MIME encrypted mail and mobile device management are both said to be coming this year, along hopefully with VPN and better WiFi security options) but to call WP a business OS at this point in time is silly. It's a personal, consumer OS that has support for some business features, much like iOS was a few years after its initial release.
Win8/Windows RT projects:
List of desktop apps for hacked RT devices

WP8 projects:
Native Access WebServer and Libraries
WP8 Interop Unlocks
Storage Cleanup tool

WP7 projects:
XapHandler, Root Webserver, OEM Marketplace XAPs, Bookmarklets collection (Find On Page), Interop-unlock hacks.


Do not private message me with questions that should have been posted on the forum! Not only are you wasting your time - I'm not going to bother writing an answer to such a question for only one person - but I will probably block you from PMing me in the future as well.
The Following User Says Thank You to GoodDayToDie For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
agupta80
Old
#9  
Member
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 61
Join Date: Apr 2008
Info 2 Define the problem, not the solution...

You can of course attach other files to email via WP8 (and 7.5 for that matter). If you're trying to work with PDF/DOC/XLS/other office files, you need to go to office, bring up the context menu on the file that you wish to send and click Share... This will allow you to send the file.

If you wish to share files via SkyDrive - this only sends a link or uses the Share functionality from SkyDrive.com.

I guess if you think about it logically, you define the problem - sharing a file; not the solution - adding an attachment to an email.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sronweb View Post
I have a Lumia 720 as business phone and I hope that next update will bring the possibility to select attachment with the mail client. I don't care all the other new features I read on latest news.....
Currently I can only select pictures as attachment on mail which sound strange for me it this is considered a business phone.
I guess we should wait for users getting the update to confirm that this feature will be included now.
HTC Desire (GingerVillain 1.6) + Motorola Xoom
 
sronweb
Old
#10  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 92
Posts: 418
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Sicily (Italy)
Quote:
Originally Posted by agupta80 View Post
You can of course attach other files to email via WP8 (and 7.5 for that matter). If you're trying to work with PDF/DOC/XLS/other office files, you need to go to office, bring up the context menu on the file that you wish to send and click Share... This will allow you to send the file.

If you wish to share files via SkyDrive - this only sends a link or uses the Share functionality from SkyDrive.com.

I guess if you think about it logically, you define the problem - sharing a file; not the solution - adding an attachment to an email.
Thanks for the hint. I mean that if you like to reply to a discussion and attach a document, perhaps saved from another mail, for my understanding this is not possible currently. Starting a new mail and attach a document or share from office is fine but in a regular use is not a typical use when you should follow up an open discussion with an existing distribution list instead of opening a new one from zero.

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


TRENDING IN THEMER...