Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,741,535 Members 40,007 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

ProBam Vs Cm11

Tip us?

Showman2020
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 8
Default ProBam Vs Cm11

what is the best ?
probam or cm11

johntheredimid
Old
Thanks Meter 5
probam is very good but still lacks much arrangement, cm11 is also good but not as fluid as carbonrom ... CarbonRom is ideal for daily use rom is the perfect rom to play and hear music and there are no problems with this either no obstacles or whistling sounds or cuts to navigate both chrome or with dolphin is totally smooth, to use very many applications, the camera works perfect, perfect, I prefer Carbon Rom
The Following User Says Thank You to johntheredimid For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

raghavsharmaxda
Old
Thanks Meter 331
Well its difficult to say..
Cm11 is base of it first of all..:P
As it is cm11 base and then added extra features...it got a bit leaa battery backup(if u use the features).. I mean..probam is loaded with hell of features....many of em..multiwindow and halo...and active display..blurr lockscreen...and notification on lockscreen...many of em...while cm11 is basic and simple rom..
But as they say... With great power comes more bugs :P.. The features in it are not greatly integrated..u can find many bugs while u using it..(not big..bt small and annoying for me)..i have posted too many times :P..just read probam pages n u ll get it..
So on one hand is cm11...rom with basic aosp feeling...and on other is probam with hell of loaded amazing and beat features so far u can see on any custom rom..
Battery is also good..
Bad part is as gapps are preincluded...in the flashable package...and when u boot in ART..gapps FC's... So its worst thing they did including gapps in zip...
U cant use ART :P

Personnel advice...
Use carbon id u want ART and good battery...use slimkat for light weight...
Be a medium guy and use omni like me...test ur patience and take chances with probam.. ..hope i helped

Sent from my GT-I9082 using Tapatalk
Winter is coming #GameOfThrones
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to raghavsharmaxda For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

naufalhadyan
Old
Thanks Meter 236
I have been using pawitp's CM for forever now First CM10.1, now CM11... also tried ProBAM for 3 days.

If you 're looking for a stable and minimal ROM with no conflict of any modifications you want to add later on... CM is for you. No ROM has beat its stability and seamlessness. There's a reason why Cyanogen team has the most popular custom ROM in the world, it's because they're just so freakin good at it.

For performance... I think Slimkat has already beat CM due to its minimalistic approach... and I haven't tried Carbon yet.

ProBAM is well... a product of experiment. For people who wants no sacrifice, who wants to live on the edge and get all coolest features from all sorts of ROMs. If that's the kind of guy you are... go for it. Be prepared to face some glitches though, even though they are not major bugs that hinder the main functionality as a phone... it still needs further polishment to be suitable as a daily driver.
An architecture student and likes anything tech.

Nokia N-Gage QD (2006) --> Nokia 2730 Classic (2010) --> Ivio DE88 (2011) --> Sony Xperia Go ST27i (2012) --> Samsung Galaxy Grand Duos i9082 (2013) --> (used) Sony Xperia V LT25i

Rocking Sony Xperia V with latest CM11 nightly.
Secondary device: white iPad 2 64GB, with jailbroken iOS7
The Following User Says Thank You to naufalhadyan For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

##W4TCH0UT##
Old
Thanks Meter 642
I think cm11 would be a good rom for you if you have to use it daily with no confliction and stable performance(even I am using cm11 right now)
On the other hand ProBam is for users who want to have the extra features squeezed out from their phone.
I prefer cm11

Kernels are my speciality....

My Works:
Galaxy Grand Duos:
*DedS 4.4 Kernel
*DedS 4.2.2 Stock Kernel

Micromax Canvas 2:
*DedS 4.2.x Kernel

Galaxy Grand 2:
*DedS 4.3 JB Kernel
*DedS v2 4.4 KK Kernel

Motorola Moto X:
*Drool 4.4 KK Kernel
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ##W4TCH0UT## For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

akiratoriyama
Old
Thanks Meter 742

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by raghavsharmaxda View Post
Well its difficult to say..
Cm11 is base of it first of all..:P
As it is cm11 base and then added extra features...it got a bit leaa battery backup(if u use the features).. I mean..probam is loaded with hell of features....many of em..multiwindow and halo...and active display..blurr lockscreen...and notification on lockscreen...many of em...while cm11 is basic and simple rom..
But as they say... With great power comes more bugs :P.. The features in it are not greatly integrated..u can find many bugs while u using it..(not big..bt small and annoying for me)..i have posted too many times :P..just read probam pages n u ll get it..
So on one hand is cm11...rom with basic aosp feeling...and on other is probam with hell of loaded amazing and beat features so far u can see on any custom rom..
Battery is also good..
Bad part is as gapps are preincluded...in the flashable package...and when u boot in ART..gapps FC's... So its worst thing they did including gapps in zip...
U cant use ART :P

Personnel advice...
Use carbon id u want ART and good battery...use slimkat for light weight...
Be a medium guy and use omni like me...test ur patience and take chances with probam.. ..hope i helped

With great powers come more bugs lol :P

However, if you put any trust in Quadrant scores you could use them to prove that dancing naked for 5 minutes in your garden affects device performance. By Chainfire

Showman2020
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 8
Cool so if we want a good rom without bugs go fot cm11
If we want a rom with bugs for any rom that based from cm

Sent from Galaxy Grand CM11 LAST BUILD 09012014 :P

MrLonely14
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I use ProBAM Almost a week , it very good but there are some bugs I will try CM 11 today