Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,805,091 Members 52,696 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[q] need help can't sideload zip and restore phone

Tip us?

clsA
Old
(Last edited by clsA; 14th January 2014 at 01:05 AM.)
Thanks Meter 965

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by vividblu2020 View Post
okay so i have backupd windows 8. and installed "ubuntu" on my usb stick. so i can't figure out how to boot from the disk. i performed all these steps for windows 8 and got into recovery. and it said "try ubuntu, and install unbuntu. i tred try ubuntu but it left me with me black screen.. can you tell me all the steps i need to do to get ubuntu up and running? thanks
it should have booted right up ...which iso did you download ?
ubuntu-13.10-desktop-i386.iso ? it works perfect on both my pc's
HTC One 32 GB AT&T

vividblu2020
Old
(Last edited by vividblu2020; 14th January 2014 at 01:25 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by clsA View Post
it should have booted right up ...which iso did you download ?
ubuntu-13.10-desktop-i386.iso ? it works perfect on both my pc's
well i used the pendrive on the webiste and installed the 32 bit on it. using the iso file, and put it on my usb stick. it says its installed when i click on the drive.. but when i make that the first priority in windows, and turn off security manager, it still boots into windows os.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot (12).jpg
Views:	12
Size:	139.5 KB
ID:	2514297  

clsA
Old
Thanks Meter 965

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
well i used the pendrive on the webiste and installed the 32 bit on it. using the iso file, and put it on my usb stick. it says its installed when i click on the drive.. but when i make that the first priority in windows, and turn off security manager, it still boots into windows os.
when your pc boots up does it say on screen to push F12 or ESC for boot menu ?
HTC One 32 GB AT&T

vividblu2020
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by clsA View Post
when your pc boots up does it say on screen to push F12 or ESC for boot menu ?
hey man I've screwed up big time. I asked Acer my computer brand and they said that in order to boot from the USB. I needed to changed security in bios system. Well there were two files that looked similar. Stupid me i didn't pay to close attention to them and put a different USB hdd in first priority. So it wouldn't boot but back into windows. So i finally figured out that i had the wrong priority sequence. I changed it to my d drive. The drive name also included and it booted into a screen that asked if i wanted to try Ubuntu or install it. So i clicked try. And it booted into a black screen. I downloaded the program and put the ISO file on the pen drive installer. Also i backup, well must have backed up windows the wrong way to my other 32 GB disk drive. Main point is that. I either forgot thr bios password or something else. Now i can't get anything. I looked up how to bypass the hard disk Sato password. Which i don't think you can. So i need to call Acer tomorrow morning and figure it out. But i tried to boot from the backup USB drive that had windows 8 on it. I need to know how to backup windows 8 on a flash drive. So it took me yo this blue page that had trouble shooting and advanced settings. Resetting computer. Restoring computer. All that. Can't do it. Let me ask you a question ... So i download thr program. Do i run it or just put the downloaded ISO file on there using yhat pen drive option installer?? Cause i did that. Like when that screen shot showed how i had it. Clicking on thr drive showed all thr boot and other files. Now when i boot from it in bios next time when i get my computer fixed i need to ???... Because it showed a few options. Install and try i tried both. Resulting in a black screen. I'm gonna provide you with my moms number. You can call me and tlk to me. Look in your pms

vividblu2020
Old
(Last edited by vividblu2020; 15th January 2014 at 12:58 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 17
Quote:
hey man I've screwed up big time. I asked Acer my computer brand and they said that in order to boot from the USB. I needed to changed security in bios system. Well there were two files that looked similar. Stupid me i didn't pay to close attention to them and put a different USB hdd in first priority. So it wouldn't boot but back into windows. So i finally figured out that i had the wrong priority sequence. I changed it to my d drive. The drive name also included and it booted into a screen that asked if i wanted to try Ubuntu or install it. So i clicked try. And it booted into a black screen. I downloaded the program and put the ISO file on the pen drive installer. Also i backup, well must have backed up windows the wrong way to my other 32 GB disk drive. Main point is that. I either forgot thr bios password or something else. Now i can't get anything. I looked up how to bypass the hard disk Sato password. Which i don't think you can. So i need to call Acer tomorrow morning and figure it out. But i tried to boot from the backup USB drive that had windows 8 on it. I need to know how to backup windows 8 on a flash drive. So it took me yo this blue page that had trouble shooting and advanced settings. Resetting computer. Restoring computer. All that. Can't do it. Let me ask you a question ... So i download thr program. Do i run it or just put the downloaded ISO file on there using yhat pen drive option installer?? Cause i did that. Like when that screen shot showed how i had it. Clicking on thr drive showed all thr boot and other files. Now when i boot from it in bios next time when i get my computer fixed i need to ???... Because it showed a few options. Install and try i tried both. Resulting in a black screen. I'm gonna provide you with my moms number. You can call me and tlk to me. Look in your pms
hey man nevermind. I took it to get it unbricked, i couldn't wait. and plus now i can't get into the bios system. u wouldn't happen to know who to do that do you? i mean it asked for the password, and i can type it in, but when it takes me to the boot screen, tpping f2 doesn't do anything.