Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,809,814 Members 44,271 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Xperia sp or s4 mini?

Tip us?

zakkkkk
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 16
Default Xperia sp or s4 mini?

Have a choice between the two, need to know which one you guys would prefer and why?

marekxbx
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Default s4 mini

Quote:
Originally Posted by zakkkkk View Post
Have a choice between the two, need to know which one you guys would prefer and why?
I have S4 and S4 mini and i must say s4 mini is great, good battery, quality.

charliebigpot
Old
Thanks Meter 247
Quote:
Originally Posted by zakkkkk View Post
I can talk out of personal experience. A couple of months ago I first bought the SP and at first i was very enthusiastic, the screen was just so beautiful and the camera too. But then I started using it and got only issues with it. First of all the multitasking was really bad, when I listened to music and used internet at the same time after a couple of minutes (literally) the music stopped and the application was closed. Another issue was that I had a very poor wifi signal, even at home at about 10 meters from the router the signal could still drop without any apparent reason. And, last but not least the signal itself was rather bad even compared to my old HTC Desire.
So, this was only my personal experience and in the end what made me switch to the S4 Mini is that it has 0.5GB more RAM.

I'm so glad I bought the S4 and since I bought it I haven't had a single issue with it.

Ultimately - have a look at the XP section here on xda, now that the phone has been out a while already there should be plenty of opinions/issues/reviews.
... and if this post was useful feel free to press the "thanks" button
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to charliebigpot For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Kiwyxda
Old
Thanks Meter 16
I have the dual sim version and so far I would never ever recommanded that phone to anybody, there is lot's of bug in the rom, the battery can be either very good or terribly bad (search for people loosing 20% in standby mode overnight there quite some personn concerns with both version of th phone)
And it may one of the best phone of its form factor, but it doesn't worth the 280 it costs.
Well that's only my opinion in the end.