Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,808,964 Members 52,040 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

exchange note 2 for z ultra

Tip us?

zas311
Old
Thanks Meter 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pannam View Post
Hi guys,
I am about to exchange my note 2 with z ultra amd some added cash ? Should I go forward ? Comparing the battery life after 4.3 update is it better, a little better or a ton better ?
Remember ZU has a builtin battery which means you cannot replace the battery when the battery holds less power. Li-ion batteries degrades slowly as you use. So, after a year use, you will want to have a fresh battery. In that case, you need to sent it to a service center and pay a lot more than an Amazon purchase.

Sent from my SHW-M500W using xda app-developers app

Pannam
Old
(Last edited by Pannam; 12th January 2014 at 07:19 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 20
Default Bought it!

Hi Guys,
Just wanted to let ya'll know. I bought it.

Yes I am happy, after playing it for a couple of hours i realized how small the note 2 and how over saturated the colors were.It is a much wanted relief to the eyes now. The content fit perfectly in Ultra. It clearly wins in the display section.

Note 2 is no way comparable to Ultra in most of the sections. Plus, Note 2 is not altogether a flagship device and it would be wrong to compare it to Ultra . I still do have soft corner for Note 2. Did help in at times.

Very Soon i came up with 2 issues with Ultra.

1) The display would just black out when a call came in or went.
[fix] re calibrated the proximity sensor. All good now.

2) I dont mind the speaker but during the calls the volume was in fact on the lower side
[fix] I will root the device and see if there is any instruction to edit the build.prop and may be increase the volume a bit. I work in aviation industry. So, it is a must and things can get really loud and i may just not have excess to ear phones.

3) This is not really an issue just read a lot that the waterproofing causes the volume to drop . I am not sure about this as the manufacture would not sacrifice the most essential thing for something that will be taken for granted. In Japan, It is prohibited to use a mobile phone on the railways and many other places including restaurants. It is also recommended to turn off or switch your mobile phone to manner mode in movie theaters or museums before you enter. It is considered to be rude to talk loudly on a mobile phone in front of others. (copied)

Generally all the cell phones i had from Japan were soft to ears.

Lastly, today is the first day with ultra. I have yet to experience the battery life.

I hugely appreciate how experience users have come forward and shared their views. It includes both the good and the not so good reviews. I understand it won't be the perfect device but will at least keep me satisfied.
The Following User Says Thank You to Pannam For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

bayones
Old
Thanks Meter 9
I upgraded to Z ultra from note 2. And i have zero regrets.

The only feature of note 2 that blew the Z ultra is the camera.

Everything else is on z ultra's side

Sent from my C6833 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to bayones For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

shaolin95
Old
Thanks Meter 876
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pannam View Post
Hi Guys,
Just wanted to let ya'll know. I bought it.
Congrats mate! As a former Note 2 owner, I know what you are going through..I love my Ultra!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bayones View Post
I upgraded to Z ultra from note 2. And i have zero regrets.

The only feature of note 2 that blew the Z ultra is the camera.

Everything else is on z ultra's side

Sent from my C6833 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
If you have 4.3 Rom make sure to set the ISO manually to 50 or 100 then try some pics. The IQ increases dramatically bust still, I have my real camera for photos

Gayest quote ever from MST3K!
"You know Captain, every year of my life, I grow more and more convinced that the wisest and best is to fix our attention on the good and the beautiful...if you just take the time to look at it.".

My Galaxy Note Games & Apps previews YOUTUBE channel
The Following User Says Thank You to shaolin95 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

kanej2006
Old
Thanks Meter 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaolin95 View Post
If you have 4.3 Rom make sure to set the ISO manually to 50 or 100 then try some pics.
You don't need to have 4.3 rom to change the iso. I'm still on firmware 532 4.2.2 and I'm able to adjust iso.

mistamikel
Old
Thanks Meter 29
I'm waiting on my ZU to get here in the next couple of days. Using a note 2 as well right now and hopefully I made a good choice to switch.

Sent from my GT-N7105 using xda app-developers app
Nexus 4 and a Xperia Z Ultra are my best friends.

shaolin95
Old
Thanks Meter 876
Quote:
Originally Posted by kanej2006 View Post
You don't need to have 4.3 rom to change the iso. I'm still on firmware 532 4.2.2 and I'm able to adjust iso.
No you don't but need to be in 290 but some users claim that there were improvements in quality in 290. I cannot confirm as I don't have images before and after though.

Sent from the Mighty Xperia Z Ultra using XDA Premium HD app.

Gayest quote ever from MST3K!
"You know Captain, every year of my life, I grow more and more convinced that the wisest and best is to fix our attention on the good and the beautiful...if you just take the time to look at it.".

My Galaxy Note Games & Apps previews YOUTUBE channel