Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,811,702 Members 53,747 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Possibly hard brick situation - help me run down some loose ends

Tip us?

jeesusfreek
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Possibly hard brick situation - help me run down some loose ends

Hi all

Pertinent details:
  • Rooted / safestrapped Bionic with Stock ROM (I honestly can't remember, but I believe it was the ICS leak - may have been JB, whatever it was, it was NOT OTA. I flashed it manually, I believe via recovery) and ROM slot 1 running the Bionic CM11 nightly
  • Safestrap was updated, as was CM

About a month ago, I dropped the phone, broke the LCD, ordered a new one, and long story short, the phone was disassembled, and sat disassembled for about a month (had other things come up). Battery wasn't completely dead when I put it back together, but the battery wasn't in it either for that month.

Got around to putting it back together, the phone boots to the M logo, and will sit there indefinitely, doing nothing. Strange right? Worked fine even when the LCD was broken - I was able to make a phone call while the LCD was black by memory

I can access AP Fastboot and RSD Lite can see the phone. Recovery mode hangs at the M logo screen, does not proceed beyond it

What I have tried so far:
  • RSD Lite the JB 9.8.2O-72 official build - result: hangs at M logo, briefly turns off then back on after 4-5 minutes, but will hang at the M logo for the next 30+ minutes, recovery does the same thing
  • RSD Lite the 246 official build - result: will not flash, MBM fails, MBM loader fails, CDT fails, I stopped removing command lines after that
  • Moto-fastboot the preinstall.img and system.img from 246 in an attempt to get to recovery and install JB from there - result: hangs at M logo indefinitely, briefly turns off and on as with the JB build when trying to access recovery but just sits at the M logo after that for 30+ minutes
  • Right now I'm extracting the JB official build and will moto-fastboot system.img/preinstall.img/recovery.img in an attempt to at least get to recovery

Does this sound like a hard brick situation? Any possible solutions? I've done a ton of googling, a ton of reading, and tried a lot of different things, with no progress whatsoever.

thanks!

B.E.McAllister
Old
(Last edited by B.E.McAllister; 14th January 2014 at 12:49 PM.)
Thanks Meter 10
If you tried flashing the jb fxz first that was the problem. There are two files within that fxz file you have to remove, I any remember off hand which ones but should be easy enough to Google. Good luck

Sent from my XT875 using Tapatalk 2

Here ya go
http://www.droidrzr.com/index.php/to...one-connected/