Lollipop Leak Available for the Sprint Galaxy S5

Since the Android 5.0Lollipop’s official release not too long ago, we’ve seen … more

CPU Spy Gets an Android Lollipop Makeover

At some point in the distant past, you probably heard of CPU Spy for Android by XDARetired … more

Amazon Fire TV Stick vs Chromecast – XDA TV

There is no doubt that Amazon is a huge player in many markets, and they want to be a huge … more

Fight the Heat and Conserve Battery with EaseUS Coolphone

Memory hungry Android applications are often responsible for making our device … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

the charger

OP 3thman

13th January 2014, 09:03 PM   |  #1  
3thman's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Boston
Thanks Meter: 51
 
785 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2010
Hi guys, whenever I plug my phone into the charger, the charger starts to make sounds like zzzz and ttzztztz like some weird sounds. is there anything wrong ? anyone is having the some thing ? im afraid the will harm or have harmed my battery
13th January 2014, 09:08 PM   |  #2  
LordLugard's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag NYC
Thanks Meter: 293
 
1,735 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2008
More
That's definitely not normal behaviour. Might be a grounding problem or a bad charger.
Did you try plugging it into another wall socket and see if it makes the same buzzing sound?
13th January 2014, 09:10 PM   |  #3  
3thman's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Boston
Thanks Meter: 51
 
785 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordLugard

That's definitely not normal behaviour. Might be a grounding problem or a bad charger.
Did you try plugging it into another wall socket and see if it makes the same buzzing sound?

yes I did. but it suddenly stops then come back again and I think when the phone is fully charged it stops
13th January 2014, 09:22 PM   |  #4  
Senior Member
Jakarta
Thanks Meter: 37
 
119 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2013
Normal
All lg charger has trafo inside it
My ex lg phone (og gpro n4) always has sound while charging

Sent from my LG-D802 using xda app-developers app
14th January 2014, 03:35 AM   |  #5  
LordLugard's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag NYC
Thanks Meter: 293
 
1,735 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2008
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenovias

Normal
All lg charger has trafo inside it
My ex lg phone (og gpro n4) always has sound while charging

Sent from my LG-D802 using xda app-developers app

No, it's not normal. Mine doesn't do that. No charger i've ever had buzzed while charging.

"All lg charger has trafo inside it"..what does this mean anyway?
14th January 2014, 10:52 AM   |  #6  
Senior Member
Jakarta
Thanks Meter: 37
 
119 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordLugard

No, it's not normal. Mine doesn't do that. No charger i've ever had buzzed while charging.

"All lg charger has trafo inside it"..what does this mean anyway?

Not sure, but i ask LG technician.
LG charger has dynamo inside it
14th January 2014, 11:39 AM   |  #7  
Member
Thanks Meter: 5
 
62 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2011
Wrong. Its not trafo or dynamo thats causing the sound. Its because the charger is kharab. You can fix it by buying a new charger.
14th January 2014, 01:43 PM   |  #8  
LordLugard's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag NYC
Thanks Meter: 293
 
1,735 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2008
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by j0sh1

Wrong. Its not trafo or dynamo thats causing the sound. Its because the charger is kharab. You can fix it by buying a new charger.

"Its because the charger is kharab"...Hahaha, you've just introduced a new one into the mix.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes