[ROM] [A89/A700] Baidu OS 5.1 [4.0.4]

Search This thread

dan.man

Feb 9, 2013
Jaipur, Rajasthan, India
b719.png

BAIDU OS 5.1 - SWIFT, FLUID & DYNAMIC

From the developer of LeWa ROM, dAn.MaN, here comes another great ROM for your device. It is the most fluid and smooth ROM casted in a beautiful frame. It stands out from rest of the customized ROMs and you will know it too when you use it!

Features

nl3h.jpg
celd.jpg

Beautiful home screen with a clock-cum-weather widget, also memory clean and traffic monitor widgets are there which helps you to quickly manage your smartphone!

ykqf.jpg
elbr.jpg

The Notification panel in Baidu OS is JellyBean based and gives quick access to all of your phone's settings.
NIGHT Feature:
It overlaps your phone's display with a black film, which reduces the brightness and helps keep your eyes safe in night. So, you can easliy read books, play games, browse web or chat in the night too!

kpq1.jpg
0kfr.jpg

qfk5.jpg
ff5n.jpg

This ROM is very elegant and beautiful, each and every app is designed in keeping mind about the aesthetic feel.

5m6j.jpg
d76k.jpg

Powerful Gallery! You can now edit your picture easily with new effects in your phone. You can also hide your albums in gallery (Filter) that you don't want anybody else to see.

9xr2.jpg

All new data compress utility! It can be used to reduce your data flow and thus help in reducing the data charges. What it does is, it compresses all the outgoing and incoming data, thus helps in a longer data plan!

cyzh.jpg
8w7b.jpg

Baidu OS gives you power over your phone in almost every possible way, you can easily monitor application permissions, you can decide what and what not to give access to an application. It is also very secure and the in-built antivirus keeps your phone safe from cyber-threats!​

s5u7.jpg

This ROM is not only functional, beautiful but it has a killer performance too! Never feel slowdown or lag ever in your phone!

Many more cool features are waiting for you!
Many features such as Ad filter, timing SMS, T9 Dialpad, Battery Saver, Baidu Cloud Service, Anti-Disturbance app, Root Manager, and many more...

This ROM has been kept as stock as possible to provide a vanilla experience. Not even a single tweak is added to this ROM on purpose.
This keeps the ROM smaller and zippier. If you are feeling that its performance is low, you can use tweaks provided in the Download Section.

dan.man

Feb 9, 2013
Jaipur, Rajasthan, India
F.A.Q. & BUGS

F.A.Q.

Q. How do I install it?
● Put zip in sd-card and boot into recovery.
● Wipe data and cache.
● Install zip from sd-card.
● Reboot.
● First boot takes time, so please be patient.

Q. Theme application keeps crashing, why?
As the ROM was not made specifically for this phone the errors keeps popping up but it doesn't matter, it doesn't crashes any other app.

Q. How do i turn off the Chinese Homescreen?
You can turn it off by going into launcher's setting and turning off the "bulletin".

Q. Why doesn't the Flashlight (in A89) and Drip Search work?
As there is no LED Flash in A89, it is of no use and Drip Search was a Chinese app that's why it has been deleted. Unfortunately they can not be removed from the notification panel

Q. I am stuck on the boot logo and I am using Xolo A700.
Please after flashing the ROM, apply Xolo A700 patch.

Q. Why there is no FM Radio in this ROM?
The FM libraries are currently unsupported in this ROM, maybe it will be included in the next ROM.

Q. When will be the next update provided?
Please keep patience regarding the updates and do not send any messages regarding it. We developers have a life too.

Q. Is this ROM rooted? How can i turn the root access on?
Basically, you will be prompted to turn the root access on when any app demands it. You can also manage it manually by going into Settings>Security>Root

Q. How do i turn off the Chinese text in the Lockscreen?
Unfortunately you can't turn it off but you can select another Lockscreen in Themes.

Last edited:

hariraj96

Dec 15, 2011
C0!MBAT0RE
looks awesome....does it have the bugs as lewa ???

also u can add spirit fm in ur thread...

Last edited:

Pnkjekka

Oct 18, 2013
Ambikapur
Awesome

Awesome ROM Mr. Dan.man
keep it up...:good::good:

But is there any way to change Chinese language of music player.

Ldinga

Feb 10, 2013
Stuck on boot logo

My a89 got stuck on boot logo, have waited 45 mins, reinstalling several times,but still stuck
please help me out
I'm on s4 custom rom and twrp 2.4:crying::crying:

Pnkjekka

Oct 18, 2013
Ambikapur
My a89 got stuck on boot logo, have waited 45 mins, reinstalling several times,but still stuck
please help me out
I'm on s4 custom rom and twrp 2.4:crying::crying:

I flashed it 2 days ago and it is working perfectly on my a89

I think you should upgrade your recovery mode.

Sent from my Micromax A89 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Ldinga

Feb 10, 2013
cant set default keyboad app

I had managed to flashed this from but I am unable to change the default keyboard app..any one facing this problem??

Pnkjekka

Oct 18, 2013
Ambikapur
Great Rom but some bugs

Dear Dan.man
this rom is awesome but i found some bug on this rom.
1. Sometimes screen flashes by itself when screen is locked.
2. Proximity sensors didn't work sometimes when making or receiving a call.
3. battery is draining much faster than lewa.

:good::good:

Ldinga

Feb 10, 2013
Great ROM

Great rom,but after I flashed Pure PerformanceX, the switched for data connection and wifi would stopped working. I have flashed both the stock and CM version but still getting the same result

Reactions: Akshaybasain

Swaroop16548

I flashed it 2 days ago and it is working perfectly on my a89

I think you should upgrade your recovery mode.

Sent from my Micromax A89 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Hey,I'm also using twrp 2.4.2.0 and i think this is the latest version available foe mmx a89??:confused:
My phone too struck on bootloop...
which recovery are you using?

Reactions: noobpremium

Swaroop16548

DOWNLOAD

Baidu OS 5.1 v1

Patch for Xolo A700 (OS 5.1 v1)

Scripts/Tweaks for Boosting Preformance

hi dan.man,
here's some feedback for your rom,
1)The screen flashes when the mode of phone changes from power-saving to normal or vice-versa.
2)All the applications keep on crashing when there is insufficient storage available.
3)Is there any way to change language of music player?

Last edited:

taware786

Mar 13, 2014
I m Trying to swapp external sd card ..

And wank to make it internal....but after changing name of file in system/etc. But it not working .....what to du....

Sent from my GT-I9500 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    b719.png

BAIDU OS 5.1 - SWIFT, FLUID & DYNAMIC

From the developer of LeWa ROM, dAn.MaN, here comes another great ROM for your device. It is the most fluid and smooth ROM casted in a beautiful frame. It stands out from rest of the customized ROMs and you will know it too when you use it!

Features

nl3h.jpg
    celd.jpg

Beautiful home screen with a clock-cum-weather widget, also memory clean and traffic monitor widgets are there which helps you to quickly manage your smartphone!

ykqf.jpg
    elbr.jpg

The Notification panel in Baidu OS is JellyBean based and gives quick access to all of your phone's settings.
    NIGHT Feature:
    It overlaps your phone's display with a black film, which reduces the brightness and helps keep your eyes safe in night. So, you can easliy read books, play games, browse web or chat in the night too!

kpq1.jpg
    0kfr.jpg

qfk5.jpg
    ff5n.jpg

This ROM is very elegant and beautiful, each and every app is designed in keeping mind about the aesthetic feel.

5m6j.jpg
    d76k.jpg

Powerful Gallery! You can now edit your picture easily with new effects in your phone. You can also hide your albums in gallery (Filter) that you don't want anybody else to see.

9xr2.jpg

All new data compress utility! It can be used to reduce your data flow and thus help in reducing the data charges. What it does is, it compresses all the outgoing and incoming data, thus helps in a longer data plan!

cyzh.jpg
    8w7b.jpg

Baidu OS gives you power over your phone in almost every possible way, you can easily monitor application permissions, you can decide what and what not to give access to an application. It is also very secure and the in-built antivirus keeps your phone safe from cyber-threats!​

s5u7.jpg

This ROM is not only functional, beautiful but it has a killer performance too! Never feel slowdown or lag ever in your phone!

Many more cool features are waiting for you!
    Many features such as Ad filter, timing SMS, T9 Dialpad, Battery Saver, Baidu Cloud Service, Anti-Disturbance app, Root Manager, and many more...

This ROM has been kept as stock as possible to provide a vanilla experience. Not even a single tweak is added to this ROM on purpose.
    This keeps the ROM smaller and zippier. If you are feeling that its performance is low, you can use tweaks provided in the Download Section.

DOWNLOAD

DOWNLOAD

Baidu OS 5.1 v1

F.A.Q. & BUGS

F.A.Q.

Q. How do I install it?
    ● Put zip in sd-card and boot into recovery.
    ● Wipe data and cache.
    ● Install zip from sd-card.
    ● Reboot.
    ● First boot takes time, so please be patient.

Q. Theme application keeps crashing, why?
    As the ROM was not made specifically for this phone the errors keeps popping up but it doesn't matter, it doesn't crashes any other app.

Q. How do i turn off the Chinese Homescreen?
    You can turn it off by going into launcher's setting and turning off the "bulletin".

Q. Why doesn't the Flashlight (in A89) and Drip Search work?
    As there is no LED Flash in A89, it is of no use and Drip Search was a Chinese app that's why it has been deleted. Unfortunately they can not be removed from the notification panel

Q. I am stuck on the boot logo and I am using Xolo A700.
    Please after flashing the ROM, apply Xolo A700 patch.

Q. Why there is no FM Radio in this ROM?
    The FM libraries are currently unsupported in this ROM, maybe it will be included in the next ROM.

Q. When will be the next update provided?
    Please keep patience regarding the updates and do not send any messages regarding it. We developers have a life too.

Q. Is this ROM rooted? How can i turn the root access on?
    Basically, you will be prompted to turn the root access on when any app demands it. You can also manage it manually by going into Settings>Security>Root

Q. How do i turn off the Chinese text in the Lockscreen?
    Unfortunately you can't turn it off but you can select another Lockscreen in Themes.
    DOWNLOAD

Baidu OS 5.1 v1

hi dan.man,
    here's some feedback for your rom,
    1)The screen flashes when the mode of phone changes from power-saving to normal or vice-versa.
    2)All the applications keep on crashing when there is insufficient storage available.
    3)Is there any way to change language of music player?
    Great ROM

Great rom,but after I flashed Pure PerformanceX, the switched for data connection and wifi would stopped working. I have flashed both the stock and CM version but still getting the same result