Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,743,150 Members 44,055 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Rules for signatures

Tip us?

pelago
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Default Rules for signatures

Are there any forum rules for signatures, i.e. covering size, animation, content? I couldn't see any listed in http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=726334 but I know other forums that have such rules.

GermainZ
Old
Forum Moderator / Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 5763
The content should be in accordance to the forum rules. There's no hard limit for the size, but if it's too large it'll be removed. A sensible limit is 300-400px in height. Animations are fine as long as they're not too distracting or epilepsy inducing. :P
So basically it's fine as long as it doesn't distract from the main thread.

pelago
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by GermainZ View Post
The content should be in accordance to the forum rules. There's no hard limit for the size, but if it's too large it'll be removed. A sensible limit is 300-400px in height. Animations are fine as long as they're not too distracting or epilepsy inducing. :P
So basically it's fine as long as it doesn't distract from the main thread.
What's the best method to report a too large or too animated sig?

Casanova
Old
Thanks Meter 185
Quote:
Originally Posted by pelago View Post
Link his account to a mod.
YOU WANT A SIGNATURE,AVATAR,LOGO ETC. CLICK ON MY SIGNATURE.

E.Cadro
Old
Senior Moderator
Thanks Meter 4799
Quote:
Originally Posted by pelago

Fastest way is to report one of the members posts then just say the Sig size is the reason for the report.

Senior Moderator
The Following User Says Thank You to E.Cadro For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

pelago
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Thanks for this. I think it would be good to explicitly state some rules for signatures in http://forum.xda-developers.com/announcement.php?a=81 so that there's no argument.

Also, it would be great if it was possible to hide signatures from particular users. I know we can hide all signatures, and I know we can ignore individual users, but I'm asking for the ability to hide signatures from just some users, while still seeing the rest of their post. Bonus points if this could be further finessed into a choice between "Hide this particular signature from this user" (which would cause the signature to be unhidden if the user edited it) and "Hide all future signatures from this user".