Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,778,893 Members 42,774 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

HBO Go & Chromecast

Tip us?

josbor11
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default HBO Go & Chromecast

So, does anyone know how to get a HBO Go app on the Kindle Fire HDX that actually has the casting option for Chromecast? I tried side-loading a few APK's I found on Google but they are all no different than the Kindle version when they get installed and loaded up. This is driving me crazy.

GSLEON3
Old
Retired Senior Moderator
Thanks Meter 1319

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by josbor11 View Post
So, does anyone know how to get a HBO Go app on the Kindle Fire HDX that actually has the casting option for Chromecast? I tried side-loading a few APK's I found on Google but they are all no different than the Kindle version when they get installed and loaded up. This is driving me crazy.
Actually, most of the apk's you find that ARE NOT kindle versions, can be quite different. They can be anywhere from one to a dozen versions NEWER.

I installed the Chromecast app. Installed the latest versions of Netflix, Hulu+ & HBO Go from the Play Store & after using Chromecast app to find the Chromecast device, all of them have the "Cast" button available.
Ingress Resistance - Rainbow6

Click HERE to buy me a cheeseburger if I helped you! Or even better, find a charity or local family fighting childhood cancer & help out however you can!

A brief & incomplete timeline of my love affair with mobile technology:

josbor11
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSLEON3 View Post
Actually, most of the apk's you find that ARE NOT kindle versions, can be quite different. They can be anywhere from one to a dozen versions NEWER.

I installed the Chromecast app. Installed the latest versions of Netflix, Hulu+ & HBO Go from the Play Store & after using Chromecast app to find the Chromecast device, all of them have the "Cast" button available.
So your device is rooted then? (Since you have Play Store). I wonder if that makes a big difference. I have not installed the Chromecast App on the Kindle yet just HBO Go and it has no cast button. Netflix, Hulu, and YouTube all have it though.

johnwaters
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Not here....

Spec-Chum
Old
Thanks Meter 87
Netflix works fine with the sideloaded Chromecast apk here on on my unrooted HDX 7

Even works with Hola.
Google Nexus 4 - KitKat