Boost the Brightness of Your Sony Xperia Z1’s LED

I think the last time anyone has ever used a physical torch to find their earphones, … more

XDA Xposed Tuesday: Modify the Look of Your Volume Control – XDA TV

How many screenshots have you seen with a volume status bar in the … more

Prepare Your Nokia X2 for Battle with Nokia X2 Tools

Unveiled in June this year, the Nokia X2 is the Finnish companys second crack at an … more

Increase the Speaker Volume of Your Samsung Gear 2 with Tool and Tutorial

I think its pretty safe to say that any sound coming out of a … more
Post Reply

Rooting 4.3 without downgrading

13th January 2014, 08:37 PM   |  #1  
Hanozy's Avatar
OP Member
Flag Sweden
Thanks Meter: 6
 
60 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2011
Donate to Me
More
Can I root my Z1 having the 4.3 version without downgrading? If so please tell me. I downgraded yesterday and ended up not having having any signal and my imei was a bunch of zero's.
If you know a fix for the downgrading problem that is fine too, as long as I can root it preferably tonight.

Thank you in advance

Sent from my C6903 using xda app-developers app
13th January 2014, 08:50 PM   |  #2  
shem2409's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Poznan
Thanks Meter: 623
 
675 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2013
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanozy

Can I root my Z1 having the 4.3 version without downgrading? If so please tell me. I downgraded yesterday and ended up not having having any signal and my imei was a bunch of zero's.
If you know a fix for the downgrading problem that is fine too, as long as I can root it preferably tonight.

Thank you in advance

Sent from my C6903 using xda app-developers app

Whilst downgrading, you have to downgrade to .257 and then to .534. The problem with disappearing IMEI happens only if you downgrade directly to .534.
If you have an unlockable bootloader you could unlock your bootloader and then flash a custom kernel.

If you are on locked bootloader or would prefer to not unlock the bootloader, the only way is to downgrade all the way to .534, root, install recovery and then prerooted firmware.
13th January 2014, 09:00 PM   |  #3  
Hanozy's Avatar
OP Member
Flag Sweden
Thanks Meter: 6
 
60 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2011
Donate to Me
More
Could you walk me through the process of downgrading twice without unlocking the bootloader, thanks.

Sent from my C6903 using xda app-developers app
13th January 2014, 09:12 PM   |  #4  
Hackberrybold's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag The Hague
Thanks Meter: 222
 
232 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanozy

Could you walk me through the process of downgrading twice without unlocking the bootloader, thanks.

Sent from my C6903 using xda app-developers app

Check this video:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2607987
It works like a charm :thumbup:

Sent from my Rooted SGPT12 using Tapatalk HD
The Following User Says Thank You to Hackberrybold For This Useful Post: [ View ]
13th January 2014, 09:23 PM   |  #5  
Hanozy's Avatar
OP Member
Flag Sweden
Thanks Meter: 6
 
60 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2011
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanozy

Could you walk me through the process of downgrading twice without unlocking the bootloader, thanks.

Sent from my C6903 using xda app-developers app

Will try it when I get home, thank you. How do I go about backing up my phone, the apps and stuff.

Sent from my C6903 using xda app-developers app
13th January 2014, 09:55 PM   |  #6  
shem2409's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Poznan
Thanks Meter: 623
 
675 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2013
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanozy

Will try it when I get home, thank you. How do I go about backing up my phone, the apps and stuff.

Sent from my C6903 using xda app-developers app

In the third comment on the thread you will find the answer:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2607987
The Following User Says Thank You to shem2409 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
13th January 2014, 11:47 PM   |  #7  
Hanozy's Avatar
OP Member
Flag Sweden
Thanks Meter: 6
 
60 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2011
Donate to Me
More
Thank you for your answer, is there a way to do this if I don't have an SDcard?
14th January 2014, 11:47 AM   |  #8  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
16 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by shem2409

Whilst downgrading, you have to downgrade to .257 and then to .534. The problem with disappearing IMEI happens only if you downgrade directly to .534.
If you have an unlockable bootloader you could unlock your bootloader and then flash a custom kernel.

If you are on locked bootloader or would prefer to not unlock the bootloader, the only way is to downgrade all the way to .534, root, install recovery and then prerooted firmware.

I made the mistake of doing this last night and now my phone tells me I have an invalid sim... anyone one know how to solve that?
14th January 2014, 11:52 AM   |  #9  
Hanozy's Avatar
OP Member
Flag Sweden
Thanks Meter: 6
 
60 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2011
Donate to Me
More
I solved it by flashing back to my stock rom, the . 290 one.

Sent from my C6903 using xda app-developers app
14th January 2014, 04:01 PM   |  #10  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
16 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanozy

I solved it by flashing back to my stock rom, the . 290 one.

Sent from my C6903 using xda app-developers app

Many thanks, I'll give that a try once I find a generic UK 290 ftf. Can only find the 534 and 257 at the moment...

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Top Threads in Xperia Z1 Q&A, Help & Troubleshooting by ThreadRank