Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,807,045 Members 38,459 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] One's touch screen disabled

Tip us?

slapshot123
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaHiLzZ View Post
the phone WILL power off if you keep the power button pressed for 20-30 seconds and should reboot.
Thanks, but for whatever reason it took holding down the power button for 40 minutes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenstre View Post
You could use an OTG cable and a USB drive to get the ROM onto the phone inside recovery. Unfortunately, you still need to reboot to recovery. If the phone can't reboot, I'm not sure what to do.
Thanks for you suggestions, as I mentioned above I got the phone to reboot into recovery after holding down power for an insanely long time. From there I was able to use adb to get everything sorted out.

So my problem is resolved, how do I close/delete this thread? Thanks for all your suggestions.

xcrazydx
Old
Thanks Meter 2,195

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by slapshot123 View Post
Thanks, but for whatever reason it took holding down the power button for 40 minutes.

Thanks for you suggestions, as I mentioned above I got the phone to reboot into recovery after holding down power for an insanely long time. From there I was able to use adb to get everything sorted out.

So my problem is resolved, how do I close/delete this thread? Thanks for all your suggestions.
Haha 40 minutes, yeah right.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

slapshot123
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by xcrazydx View Post
Haha 40 minutes, yeah right.

Cool, nice productive comment. I can assure you it was, watched two episodes of workaholics waiting for the damn thing.

n1234d
Old
Thanks Meter 195
Quote:
Cool, nice productive comment. I can assure you it was, watched two episodes of workaholics waiting for the damn thing.
I'm pretty sure you unknowingly kept leaving the power/volume buttons because of which the phone finally rebooted when you got it right

Always hit the "Thanks" Button
Use this link to get 50GB of cloud storage from ADrive absolutely free!
Samsung SCH-M569 --> Nokia Asha 200 --> iPod Touch 4G --> HTC One (M7) --> HTC One (M8)
Current Device :
HTC One (M8) M8q Gunmetal Grey (Lighter Variant), SlickWraps Carbon Fiber Black
HBOOT 3.18 S-ON
2.10.720.1 Stock rooted
ElementalX Kernel

ridder215215
Old
Thanks Meter 217
Quote:
Originally Posted by n1234d View Post
I'm pretty sure you unknowingly kept leaving the power/volume buttons because of which the phone finally rebooted when you got it right

Is this really necessary?

SaHiLzZ
Old
Thanks Meter 417
Quote:

Sorry to hear it took a while, thats odd. But you are all done now. Edit your first post and change the subject to [SOLVED] .. thats all