5,603,729 Members 37,165 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

T-Mobile paying ETF now if you want to leave sprint

Tip us?
 
Lancerz
Old
#11  
Lancerz's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 219
Posts: 945
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Atlanta
Well I went to the website to check out how much it would be for 2 lines and it would end up costing more on T Mobile. First off you HAVE to finance a device or pay the full price up front. So 2 lines with unlimited everything comes up to $120 per month plus if I were to get 2 HTC Ones that would be an extra $50 per month. So $170 before taxes and fees. I think you have to buy the insurance also but I'm not sure. I'm going to go into a TMobile store and check it out for sure though.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
 
neudof
Old
#12  
neudof's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 346
Posts: 1,484
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Mayer, MN
I don't understand why people think these no contract plans are any better than signing a contract.

Why would you want to be on the hook for paying off a 600$ device rather than paying a 200$ early termination fee..

Sprint has the cheapest plans of the major providers flat out, and the network is improving quickly

Sent from my HTCONE using xda app-developers app
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to neudof For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
THADDIUS25
Old
#13  
THADDIUS25's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 180
Posts: 590
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: SELMA
T-Mobile has no 3g or 4g in my area, they only have edge no way I'm leaving Sprint for that at least with Sprint I have Damn Good 4g and 3g.

Sent from my HTCONE using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

---------- Post added at 01:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:52 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by THADDIUS25 View Post
T-Mobile has no 3g or 4g in my area, they only have edge no way I'm leaving Sprint for that at least with Sprint I have Damn Good 4g and 3g.

Sent from my HTCONE using XDA Premium 4 mobile app


Sent from my HTCONE using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to THADDIUS25 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
sailio
Old
#14  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 91
Posts: 539
Join Date: Jul 2010
T-Mobile can go away already..

Sent from my HTC ONE using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to sailio For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
FrozenRiff
Old
#15  
FrozenRiff's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4099
Posts: 9,738
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Los Angeles, CA
This isn't for everyone but for those who are in bad sprint areas would like it or those who complain about the long wait for updates would like it too since gsm always gets the update first

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to FrozenRiff For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
jaqual
Old
#16  
jaqual's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter 18
Posts: 58
Join Date: Jul 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrozenRiff View Post
This isn't for everyone but for those who are in bad sprint areas would like it or those who complain about the long wait for updates would like it too since gsm always gets the update first

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk
Exactly. Good info for those who want it. Those who don't shouldn't complain, just stay where they're at. Already sent a link to a friend who was talking about jumping ship from Verizon.


Sent from space...
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jaqual For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
Pirated Android
Old
#17  
Pirated Android's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter 6
Posts: 32
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Healdsburg, CA
Yeah I'd rather have my text messages send and receive normally. Past T-Mobile people I've texted have told me of "texting issues" and the whole "edge" thing. No thanks, if my LTE drops, at least 3G is faster than edge. And I'm not giving up my unlimited 4G LTE & tethering. As for upgrades... If I really want the phone like my two HTC Ones then I pay full price. T-Mobile sounds good and all but i know there's a catch there some here. And Sprint made me happy thay my AT&T friends with extreme speeds sometimes ask me to lend my portable hotspot when their LTE drops to HSPA or Edge.

Sent from my HTC ONE
 
flomexico
Old
#18  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 88
Posts: 392
Join Date: Aug 2010
I went to a T-Mobile store today to inquire about it. What kills it for me is that you HAVE to purchase a device from them, and our Ones are only worth $106 in trade-in. Doesn't seem fair when I could sell it on CL for $275. The cost would work out roughly the same. $86/month. They also don't pay the ETF directly. You have to cover it, then you get a prepaid MasterCard in 4-8 weeks. So to start the plan, you're looking at potentially hundreds of dollars.

Yeah, it's contract free, but it's not really worth it in my opinion. Sprint does just fine in Metro Atlanta, and as much as I feel I'm getting boned by them, it's the smallest in the long list of dicks that are phone companies.
I totally just realized that the majority of my thanked posts are from where I posted my "3D seatbelt pic".
The Following User Says Thank You to flomexico For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
BMP7777
Old
#19  
BMP7777's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2255
Posts: 2,245
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Dacula, Ga

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by flomexico View Post
I went to a T-Mobile store today to inquire about it. What kills it for me is that you HAVE to purchase a device from them, and our Ones are only worth $106 in trade-in. Doesn't seem fair when I could sell it on CL for $275. The cost would work out roughly the same. $86/month. They also don't pay the ETF directly. You have to cover it, then you get a prepaid MasterCard in 4-8 weeks. So to start the plan, you're looking at potentially hundreds of dollars.

Yeah, it's contract free, but it's not really worth it in my opinion. Sprint does just fine in Metro Atlanta, and as much as I feel I'm getting boned by them, it's the smallest in the long list of dicks that are phone companies.
Yeah, what he said! I work in Pendergrass, Geogia, which is about 90 miles north of metro Atlanta, and formerly a 3G area if I was lucky. Within the last four months it has gone from spotty 3G to 2 bars of LTE. And that's literally out in the boonies. That much improvement that fast is worth hanging around, especially with the whole Mastercard bait and switch crap. Sprint is really earning my business these days. My penny and a half...



CANDYKAT Development

CandyKat for all maintained devices(and we have quite a few!) - CLICK ME!
"How can I find out more about this CandyKat, BMP?" Right here, of course! - CLICK ME!

Gif by MenInASuitcase

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes