Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,782,778 Members 38,368 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q]bricked Huawei Ascend P1

Tip us?

takashiru
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default [Q]bricked Huawei Ascend P1

hi, i have a problem with my p1.
i tried to flash a rom nut something went wrong and it bricked. the preblem is that i have the stock recovery that don't allow to install new roms nor restore backups. the other problem is that i cannot acces bootloader (holding volume- and main button and release the main then it vibrates) to connect the smartphone to the pc, install drivers and emulate the cwm.
what can i do?

adrivebb
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by takashiru View Post
hi, i have a problem with my p1.
i tried to flash a rom nut something went wrong and it bricked. the preblem is that i have the stock recovery that don't allow to install new roms nor restore backups. the other problem is that i cannot acces bootloader (holding volume- and main button and release the main then it vibrates) to connect the smartphone to the pc, install drivers and emulate the cwm.
what can i do?
If you are installing drives, you are probably using windows. I am not familiar about windows, but I played a lot with this device and I never got it bricked.

You can boot to bootloader just with vol- and power button, when the phone vibrates, you can release the power button and still hold the vol- button for some extra seconds (maybe 10 is enough). Then plug the phone to the PC and try `fastboot devices`. If you can see there you devices, you can than flash the recovery you will need, however if you cannot find here your device, your drivers are not installed correctly or your device is definitley bricked.

---------- Post added at 03:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:40 PM ----------

You wrote, that you have a stock recovery. You are able to get there? Do you know which firware revision you have installed before it got broken?

If you know the revision, you can choose your version or a higher version from this thread http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...1#post40901091, put the UPDATE.APP to [SDCARD]/dload/UPDATE.APP and try to flash. Power off the phone, than press both vol- and vol+ buttons, press power button and when the phone vibrates, you can release the power button. The stock recovery should flash your update, or it will complains about version. If you are in this stage, I think your phone is not bricked.

takashiru
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by adrivebb View Post
If you are installing drives, you are probably using windows. I am not familiar about windows, but I played a lot with this device and I never got it bricked.

You can boot to bootloader just with vol- and power button, when the phone vibrates, you can release the power button and still hold the vol- button for some extra seconds (maybe 10 is enough). Then plug the phone to the PC and try `fastboot devices`. If you can see there you devices, you can than flash the recovery you will need, however if you cannot find here your device, your drivers are not installed correctly or your device is definitley bricked.

---------- Post added at 03:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:40 PM ----------

You wrote, that you have a stock recovery. You are able to get there? Do you know which firware revision you have installed before it got broken?

If you know the revision, you can choose your version or a higher version from this thread http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...1#post40901091, put the UPDATE.APP to [SDCARD]/dload/UPDATE.APP and try to flash. Power off the phone, than press both vol- and vol+ buttons, press power button and when the phone vibrates, you can release the power button. The stock recovery should flash your update, or it will complains about version. If you are in this stage, I think your phone is not bricked.
thanx i didn't get that the bootloader was the logo... i thought that it was an option screen like the recovery -.-
and it didn't let me install drivers until i opened Hisuite with admin privileges.
thanx anyway!
cheers from italy

adrivebb
Old
Thanks Meter 0
you're welcome

Which ROM are you going to install on it?

takashiru
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by adrivebb View Post
you're welcome

Which ROM are you going to install on it?
i installed the stock b229