5,599,337 Members 38,122 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] CM 10.1 No Data on Straight Talk

Tip us?

greencow
Old
(Last edited by greencow; 30th December 2013 at 03:09 AM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] CM 10.1 No Data on Straight Talk

I have a ST T-mobile SIM, data has been, and was working, up until last night. I haven't changed any APN settings up until then, or any other settings on the phone. Since data has stopped working, I've reset the APNs, tried custom settings for straight talk and t-mobile, everything else I could think of.

The weird part is, it SAYS I am connected to Tmo's data services. I see the H/3G icon, it tells me I am connected under settings>about phone. The only thing that happens, is I now get a notification telling me to "Sign Into Network". Clicking this takes me to a website, which loads, for t-mobile, telling me that my data plan does not work on this device. Obviously, if I can access a webpage, data is working, to some extent. I have only ever used in excess of 2gigs of data once, which was a few months ago, outside of that I usually use around 350-500 mbs a month. I can't imagine they'd be throttling my data now, and even if they were, it shouldn't be completely cut off.

Any ideas/suggestions? I've tried everything I could think of (even resorted to chatting with ST's customer service....You can imagine how that went...)

kavajohn
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by greencow View Post
I have a ST T-mobile SIM, data has been, and was working, up until last night. I haven't changed any APN settings up until then, or any other settings on the phone. Since data has stopped working, I've reset the APNs, tried custom settings for straight talk and t-mobile, everything else I could think of.

The weird part is, it SAYS I am connected to Tmo's data services. I see the H/3G icon, it tells me I am connected under settings>about phone. The only thing that happens, is I now get a notification telling me to "Sign Into Network". Clicking this takes me to a website, which loads, for t-mobile, telling me that my data plan does not work on this device. Obviously, if I can access a webpage, data is working, to some extent. I have only ever used in excess of 2gigs of data once, which was a few months ago, outside of that I usually use around 350-500 mbs a month. I can't imagine they'd be throttling my data now, and even if they were, it shouldn't be completely cut off.

Any ideas/suggestions? I've tried everything I could think of (even resorted to chatting with ST's customer service....You can imagine how that went...)
Did you figure this out? Same thing happened to me, straight talk customer service was no help

greencow
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
No, still hasn't been resolved. Contacted ST twice now, just got off the phone with them today, they think it might be my SIM card, so they're sending me a new one. I'll update when I get it, whether or not it works.

Weird thing I've noticed is, when I click the "sign into network" notification, and the webpage starts to load, if I quickly go back to the home screen, and try something that requires data, it usually works, in the time that it takes the site to load. After that, nothing. I don't believe it's my SIM, honestly, I think something is up on Tmo's end, but I keep getting these lackeys at ST, and after the usual run around of restarting my phone and trying new APN settings, they do this.

boffilbane
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I have this exact problem. Started when my billing cycle turned over on the 10th and my reserve kicked in.

ST T-Mobile Sim on Samsung Nexus S. Worked just fine for 3 months.

I've talked with ST Customer Service 3 times. And they could not help me. I chatted over 10 times and they all say the same thing. Change your APN settings, pull SIM, Reboot.

I've tried every APN setting, Wiped my phone to stock and nothing works.

The last time I talked with ST, I got them to re-provision my ST account. He guaranteed this would fix the issue. It did not. They won't call T-mobile and open a ticket without you being on another phone.

I think this is on the T-mobile side of things. For some reason my SIM's Data Plan isn't or didn't transfer over to t-mobile when the new billing cycle started.

I'm changing to diff carrier this weekend. ST can kiss it.

boffilbane
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I contacted Straight Talk again. They called T-Mobile and was told everything was fine with my account. They told me to refer to my MFG.

I've bought a T-Mobile Pre-paid and put it in the phone(Nexus S) and data works fine.
I put my Straight Talk sim in my Galaxy S and it can't get data and takes me to T-Mobiles site for an upsell...

Straight Talk Customer Support is useless, and does not care. Their terms of use states they don't guarantee data, and told me to call corporate 1-800-876-5753, as they won't refund my money.