[Modification] CPU, Ram and other IC Cooling for OCers

Tip us?

elektroda
Old
Thanks Meter 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by jorgemiguel4 View Post
I have used 1mm thick on mine.
I also used 1mm thick but I highly recommend using 0,5mm thermal pad and avoiding bulky look and possibly screen popping up slightly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by skerdzius View Post
how this enormous OC affected battery life? will it last through the day?
If you use custom kernels and governor you could prolong battery life even when OC-ed.

AmirAnwar
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Can you upload a video ?

elektroda
Old
Thanks Meter 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmirAnwar View Post
Can you upload a video ?
sorry I have not taken any video while doing this process but you could see pics in first post attachment. Maybe that would give you idea about process.

AmirAnwar
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by elektroda View Post
sorry I have not taken any video while doing this process but you could see pics in first post attachment. Maybe that would give you idea about process.
performance ? Sorry bad English

elektroda
Old
Thanks Meter 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmirAnwar View Post
performance ? Sorry bad English
I can surely tell that performance is significantly better and noticable. I bumped speed @1.2G and it was rock stable, I tortured it through antutu and cpu stability test. 1.3G is semi stable cause It requires slight voltage bump which I did not play with (I still have to do this).
Bat temp is around 44C after 20 min of torturing which is very good starting from low 20-23c.

This is tested on KK cyanaosp v2.4.0 with build in kernel no special teaks or whatsoever. I will report back when I test more with voltage bump.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to elektroda For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

AmirAnwar
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by elektroda View Post
I can surely tell that performance is significantly better and noticable. I bumped speed @1.2G and it was rock stable, I tortured it through antutu and cpu stability test. 1.3G is semi stable cause It requires slight voltage bump which I did not play with (I still have to do this).
Bat temp is around 44C after 20 min of torturing which is very good starting from low 20-23c.

This is tested on KK cyanaosp v2.4.0 with build in kernel no special teaks or whatsoever. I will report back when I test more with voltage bump.
Wow! Thanks for replied