XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Droid 4 Kernel?

Tip us?

kburt8
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 12
Default [Q] Droid 4 Kernel?

Are there custom kernals available for the Droid 4 (maserati)? If so, which are recommended?

rruleford
Old
Thanks Meter 87
Negative

Sent from my XT894 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to rruleford For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

kwyrt
Old
Thanks Meter 197
Well, there is this: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2223517. It's for the razr but the guts are the same. I ran an earlier version on my D4 for a little while and it performed alright. Honestly though, CM11 is running flawlessly for me on the normal kernel it comes with. Unless you're experiencing significant lag or something I would leave it alone.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kwyrt For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

kburt8
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwyrt View Post
Well, there is this: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2223517. It's for the razr but the guts are the same. I ran an earlier version on my D4 for a little while and it performed alright. Honestly though, CM11 is running flawlessly for me on the normal kernel it comes with. Unless you're experiencing significant lag or something I would leave it alone.
Yes, I was wondering specifically if JBX is compatible. Anyone else have experience running this on D4?

megabatteryman
Old
(Last edited by megabatteryman; 11th January 2014 at 04:22 PM.)
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by kburt8 View Post
Yes, I was wondering specifically if JBX is compatible. Anyone else have experience running this on D4?
I have been using this for a few days now. Safestrap recovery running CM11 4.4.2 in rom slot 1, updated JBX 4.4 hybrid. No issues so far and battery life is great.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to megabatteryman For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

kburt8
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by megabatteryman View Post
I have been using this for a few days now. Safestrap recovery running CM11 4.4.2 in rom slot 1, updated JBX 4.4 hybrid. No issues so far and battery life is great.
Thanks for the input. I'll give it a try.