Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,780,552 Members 47,631 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Issues with JB

Tip us?

Equin0x
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Tablet [Q] Issues with JB

Hi, I have a TF700 and it was working perfectly out the box, i recently updated to JB 4.2.1 (Build number : 10.6.1.14.10) and I have been experiencing issues such as major delay, lagging, freezing, even after a cold boot. I have attempted factory reset. I have considered downgrading but I have also been looking at Custom ROMs, I would rather not use these Customs ROMs as I am still under warentee. But I will if need be. Could anyone point me in the right direction as to making JB more responsive? If not, what would be a good Custom ROM?
Thanks in advance

berndblb
Old
Thanks Meter 841
Are you saying even after a factory reset and without installing any apps, Android is freezing and lagging on you?
On stock you could:
Factory reset and manually re-flash the firmware (but you basically did that already)
Disable any bloatware yo are not using
Try the app Greenify to stop unwanted services and apps from running

For a custom rom my vote goes for CROMi-X 5.2.4. Totally stable and because it is based on Asus' own firmware everything works as intended. Look for the thread in Development
The Following User Says Thank You to berndblb For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

LetMeKnow
Old
Thanks Meter 574
Quote:
Originally Posted by Equin0x View Post
Hi, I have a TF700 and it was working perfectly out the box, i recently updated to JB 4.2.1 (Build number : 10.6.1.14.10) and I have been experiencing issues such as major delay, lagging, freezing, even after a cold boot. I have attempted factory reset. I have considered downgrading but I have also been looking at Custom ROMs, I would rather not use these Customs ROMs as I am still under warentee. But I will if need be. Could anyone point me in the right direction as to making JB more responsive? If not, what would be a good Custom ROM?
Thanks in advance
Did you update it OTA?

Equin0x
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by LetMeKnow View Post
Did you update it OTA?
Yes, originally I did, but I downloaded the .zip firmware and manually installed as well. Nothing has helped

Equin0x
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by berndblb View Post
Are you saying even after a factory reset and without installing any apps, Android is freezing and lagging on you?
On stock you could:
Factory reset and manually re-flash the firmware (but you basically did that already)
Disable any bloatware yo are not using
Try the app Greenify to stop unwanted services and apps from running

For a custom rom my vote goes for CROMi-X 5.2.4. Totally stable and because it is based on Asus' own firmware everything works as intended. Look for the thread in Development
Thank you very much! Yes, android was laggy after a fresh install! I will try the Greenify app, if that doesnt work, the custom firmware looks like my only choice. Thanks