No registration required

[Q] Issues with JB

OP Equin0x

12th January 2014, 09:25 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

4 posts
More
Hi, I have a TF700 and it was working perfectly out the box, i recently updated to JB 4.2.1 (Build number : 10.6.1.14.10) and I have been experiencing issues such as major delay, lagging, freezing, even after a cold boot. I have attempted factory reset. I have considered downgrading but I have also been looking at Custom ROMs, I would rather not use these Customs ROMs as I am still under warentee. But I will if need be. Could anyone point me in the right direction as to making JB more responsive? If not, what would be a good Custom ROM?
Thanks in advance
13th January 2014, 12:27 AM   |  #2  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Los Angeles, CA
Thanks Meter: 1,071

3,220 posts
More
Are you saying even after a factory reset and without installing any apps, Android is freezing and lagging on you?
On stock you could:
Factory reset and manually re-flash the firmware (but you basically did that already)
Disable any bloatware yo are not using
Try the app Greenify to stop unwanted services and apps from running

For a custom rom my vote goes for CROMi-X 5.2.4. Totally stable and because it is based on Asus' own firmware everything works as intended. Look for the thread in Development
The Following User Says Thank You to berndblb For This Useful Post: [ View ]
14th January 2014, 06:26 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 611

1,511 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Equin0x

Hi, I have a TF700 and it was working perfectly out the box, i recently updated to JB 4.2.1 (Build number : 10.6.1.14.10) and I have been experiencing issues such as major delay, lagging, freezing, even after a cold boot. I have attempted factory reset. I have considered downgrading but I have also been looking at Custom ROMs, I would rather not use these Customs ROMs as I am still under warentee. But I will if need be. Could anyone point me in the right direction as to making JB more responsive? If not, what would be a good Custom ROM?
Thanks in advance

Did you update it OTA?
14th January 2014, 09:23 PM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member

4 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by LetMeKnow

Did you update it OTA?

Yes, originally I did, but I downloaded the .zip firmware and manually installed as well. Nothing has helped
14th January 2014, 09:29 PM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member

4 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by berndblb

Are you saying even after a factory reset and without installing any apps, Android is freezing and lagging on you?
On stock you could:
Factory reset and manually re-flash the firmware (but you basically did that already)
Disable any bloatware yo are not using
Try the app Greenify to stop unwanted services and apps from running

For a custom rom my vote goes for CROMi-X 5.2.4. Totally stable and because it is based on Asus' own firmware everything works as intended. Look for the thread in Development

Thank you very much! Yes, android was laggy after a fresh install! I will try the Greenify app, if that doesnt work, the custom firmware looks like my only choice. Thanks
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread