Originally Posted by vincom
if someones read the whole thread the op did acknowledge that messing w/the partitions was a nogo after i stated as such. the reason he was asking was his 2 gig partition was being filled up(i think), apparently he did start from the begining w/odin and still had same issue. @Jrock_Xtreme
did u resolve it
Yes, here are the steps taken:
1) Flash stock rom using odin.
2) Wiped everything (including internal sd, i backed up everything i needed)
3) Flash TWRP 126.96.36.199 using odin
4) Transferred radio, rom and gapps to internal sd using a PC
5) Booted to recovery, flash JB radio; wiped caches
6) Booted into recovery, full wiped, flashed @vincom
Superlite CM10.2, wiped caches
At this point i booted the phone and checked the storage. 1.92gb free. Everything appeared to be resolved.
7) booted to recovery, flash gapps and email/exchange, wiped caches
Booted phone and checked storage. 430mb free. I checked the 'all' tab in 'apps' and the installed apps totaled 44mb... <--- this is what i was referring to in my original post. The 'system' partition was errantly filling up, and i didn't know why.
8) booted to recovery, full wipe
Booted phone, 1.92gb free.
So i don't know why the gapps and email/exchange glitched the storage like that, but performing a full wipe after installing the gapps/email/exchange seemed to fix it. I think the problem was that I only performed a cache wipe instead of a full wipe, though i don't know why that would matter.
Anyways, it's fixed.